|Region||The Battle Isles|
The Hall of Heroes has 9 Arenas, 1 qualification round and 1 waiting area:
- The Elite Zaishen Battle
- The Underworld
- Fetid River
- Burial Mounds
- Unholy Temples
- Forgotten Shrines
- Golden Gates
- The Courtyard
- The Antechamber
- The Vault
- The Hall of Heroes
Additionally, the following maps are currently out of rotation:
Balthazar faction and Fame can be obtained from Heroes' Ascent.
- Players will also receive a Hero's Strongbox after every three consecutive wins.
- Winning in the Hall of Heroes also gives every player in the team a chance to open the Chest.
- Your party may bring up to two henchmen into this mission.
- International districts usually contain higher concentrations of players than other districts.
- Tips for getting into teams:
- Having higher ranking in the Hero title track may help as rank discrimination is often used.
- Having more campaigns and more skills unlocked for use will expand your build possibilities.
- Try to learn and use more popular/requested builds and/or professions.
- Play with your friends, guild or other players close to your rank.
- If a character leaves the party during a match, they will be replaced by a Zaishen henchman upon loading the next match.
- Burial Mounds and Scarred Earth used to host 6 teams of 8 players each, for a total of 48 players, making those areas the most populated non-town instances in Guild Wars history.
- The global tournament used to be located in the Crystal Desert at the Tomb of the Primeval Kings ("tombs"). The Tombs were renamed to Heroes' Ascent and moved to the new Battle Isles during the Factions PvP Preview Event.
- For this reason, Heroes' Ascent is also sometimes known as "Tombs" or "Tombing", usually by people who participated in PvP in the old location. However, "Tombs" more commonly refers the the aforementioned outpost and the set of 4 explorable areas than can be accessed from it.
- The party size changed several times: In the October 5, 2006 update it was set to 6 players and reverted on March 29, 2007 update to 8 players again.
Also, if you look up in the boat and face the rocks in the east and if you rotate the camera from north to south(northeast and southeast) you will see a gray square moving as you move the camera.
|Locations in the Battle Isles|
|Ports, towns and outposts:||Great Temple of Balthazar • Guild hall • Zaishen Menagerie • Costume Brawl (Hidden; Halloween festival only)|
|Cooperative missions:||Embark Beach (Quest)|
|Challenge missions:||Zaishen Challenge (outpost) • Zaishen Elite (outpost)|
|Arenas:||Random Arenas (outpost) • Codex Arena (outpost) • Heroes' Ascent (outpost)|
|Explorable areas:||Isle of the Nameless • Isle of the Nameless (PvP) • Zaishen Menagerie Grounds|