Gate of Pain (cinematic)
From Guild Wars Wiki
|Gate of Pain|
|Plays during||Gate of Pain|
|Region||Realm of Torment|
|Location||Domain of Pain|
I read the words of the Apocrypha.
- Dunkoro's Son: "Thank you, Father. We shall meet again, in the Mists."
- <Party leader>: "Dunkoro? Are you all right?"
- Dunkoro: "Yes. Yes. I suppose I owe you an explanation."
- Dunkoro: "Years ago, I sent my son to the Crystal Desert."
- Dunkoro: "There were reports of strange things in the Tombs of the Primeval Kings. Tentacles bursting through the stone."
- Kormir: "Abaddon."
- Dunkoro: "Yes. My son was reported missing and presumed dead. I blamed myself, for sending him off without enough forethought."
- <Party leader>: "Which is why you always want to have a plan..."
- Dunkoro: "I never knew what happened to him, until now."
- Kormir: "But you have freed him, and the other innocents trapped here by Abaddon's touch."
- <Party leader>: "What about you, Kormir? Are you an innocent as well?"
- Dunkoro: "What? Kormir is the most honorable of the Sunspears."
- Kormir: "No. You are right. I am far from innocent, and my crimes are the greatest of all."
- Kormir: "It was I that found the inscriptions in Istan, and I that awakened the Apocrypha of Abaddon."
- Dunkoro: "It is not your fault, Kormir, how could you have known?"
- Kormir: "Tales of the forbidden ruins are part of our history. My curiosity and concern made me ignore those warnings."
- <Party leader>: "Even though you knew it to be an evil place, you explored the ruins."
- Kormir: "I did, and worse. I read the words of the Apocrypha. I felt his spirit. I was drawn into his web."
- Kormir: "Now my body withers, and my spirit walks in Torment. That is why I serve as your guide."
- <Party leader>: "Where is Abaddon?"
- Kormir: "He abides at the heart of his Realm. He is still chained, but his power grows, and the walls around him grow weak."
- Kormir: "I fear that without the aid of the Five Gods themselves, we cannot hope to contain him."
- <Party leader>: "Then with the help of the Five Gods, we will."