From Guild Wars Wiki
(Redirected from Salvage kit)
— in-game description
A Salvage Kit contains the tools needed to salvage common crafting materials from items that can be salvaged.
- Any merchant will sell it for either 40 (10 uses) or 100 (25 uses).
- A faction merchant will sell for 80 (25 uses).
- Collectors in exchange for 1 Factions or Nightfall quest reward trophy (except Ministerial Commendation and Imperial Guard Requisition Order).
- Collectors in exchange for trophies (see chart below).
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Salvage kit.|
- This kit cannot be used to salvage rare crafting materials or upgrade components. To do so, you must use a Charr Salvage Kit in pre-Searing Ascalon, or an Expert, Superior or Perfect Salvage Kit outside of pre-Searing Ascalon.
- If using a Salvage Kit to salvage an item that has been identified and contains an upgrade component, a confirmation window will open and say:
- "You can only salvage crafting materials with a lesser salvage kit. This will destroy the <item name>. Are you sure you want to do this?
- Select Yes to salvage or No to abort the attempt."
- If the item has already been identified and has an inherent modifier but does not contain an upgrade component, the item will be salvaged with no additional warning.
- Regardless of the original number of uses, the cost per use of this kit is 4.
- The resale value of this kit decreases by 2 each time it is used.
- Some Salvage Kits, most notably in pre-Searing Ascalon, Istan, and Shing Jea Island, begin with only 10 uses.
|List of consumables|
|Identification||Identification Kit Superior Identification Kit|
|Salvage||Salvage Kit Expert Salvage Kit Charr Salvage Kit Superior Salvage Kit Perfect Salvage Kit|