From Guild Wars Wiki
- Click to view
- Concise description
Elite Skill. (15 seconds.) Deals 10...22...25 slashing damage to all adjacent foes whenever you attack with a sword.
 Related skills
- Synergizes well with attack skills that can cause multiple attacks with a sword (i.e. Sun and Moon Slash, Whirlwind Attack, and Twin Moon Sweep) and with hex spells that deal damage whenever the hexed foe takes physical damage (i.e. Barbs and Mark of Pain).
- When Whirlwind Attack is used, this skill will trigger on each adjacent foe hit.
- Because this triggers on attack, you don't actually have to hit for the damage to occur.
- The damage from Hundred Blades is inflicted before the damage from your sword, which means that using +damage skills will "ignore" skills like Reversal of Fortune and Life Sheath. This avoids triggering effects that depend on attacks, e.g. if your target dies from the Hundred Blades damage, you will not suffer the damage from Empathy.
- Because this damages all "adjacent foes" it will not cause slashing damage to kiting opponents as they will have moved away by the time the attack connects.
- If you are using an emote when using this skill, no animation will show until you stop doing the emote. The animation will stack with several Hundred Blades.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Hundred Blades.|
- This skill was non-elite prior to the release of Prophecies and the reason why Warriors have one elite skill more than other core professions. (See Mantra of Celerity.)
- This is one of five elite skills seen in Ascalon (pre-Searing) (used by Prince Rurik), the other four being Barrage, Bull's Charge, Earth Shaker, and Ward Against Harm.
- The swords seen in the skill icon are Gladii.
- The functionality of this skill has changed since its introduction; see its skill revision history for details.