Regular versus everlasting tonics
- Regular tonics can only be used once; each use adds 2 points towards the Party Animal title track, except for Minutely Mad King, Mysterious, Spooky, and Zaishen Tonics (which add 3, 5, 25, and 3 points respectively).
- Regular tonics cause 5 seconds of Tonic Tipsiness, while everlasting tonics cause 30 seconds of it. This effect prevents additional tonics being used while it is active.
- Everlasting tonics can be used an unlimited number of times but do not contribute to the title track. Each of the two-point tonics has an everlasting equivalent.
These tonics are randomly obtained from the Zaishen Chest during their respective month.
|Month||Single use||Everlasting||Model used|
|January||Cerebral Tonic||Everlasting Cerebral Tonic||Asura|
|February||Searing Tonic||Everlasting Searing Tonic||Charr|
|March||Abyssal Tonic||Everlasting Abyssal Tonic||Abyssal|
|April||Unseen Tonic||Everlasting Unseen Tonic||Mursaat|
|May||Phantasmal Tonic||Everlasting Phantasmal Tonic||Rift Warden|
|July||Boreal Tonic||Everlasting Boreal Tonic||Norn|
|August||Trapdoor Tonic||Everlasting Trapdoor Tonic||Armored Cave Spider|
|September||Macabre Tonic||Everlasting Macabre Tonic||Awakened Head|
(slightly different model)
|November||Gelatinous Tonic||Everlasting Gelatinous Tonic||Ooze|
|December||Abominable Tonic||Everlasting Abominable Tonic||Yeti|
6th year tonics
Birthday Presents that are received by characters when reaching their sixth birthday (72 months) and Sixth Birthday Surprise Boxes (acquired in exchange for a Birthday Present Voucher) contain one of these tonics.
- The only tonics that can be used in explorable areas are the Birthday, Henchman, Minutely Mad King, Transmogrifier, Yuletide, and Zaishen varieties.
- If your character zones or changes districts, the tonic's effect ends.
- For many of the forms, emote animations are either different or do not activate. See each form page for specifics.
- Almost all tonics will perform an emote (typically of being knocked down) when using the "/Stand" emote while sitting.
- If your character is moving when you activate a tonic, the transformation won't take place until your character stops or changes direction.
- Unlike the other tonics, 6th year birthday present tonic form effects don't wear off if the character dies.
- Some cinematics will cause the 6th year birthday everlasting tonic effects to wear off.
- There are currently 65 different everlasting tonics in the game (20 white, 10 purple, 7 gold, and 28 green).
- Tonics cannot be used in PvP outposts (with the exception of guild halls) nor areas.
- Prior to the October 18, 2012 update, a character could use a maximum of two tonics in each instance.