From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
A tonic is a type of consumable that activates a skill to change the appearance of a player's character.
Regular versus everlasting tonics
- Regular tonics can only be used once; each use adds 2 points towards the Party Animal title track, except for Minutely Mad King, Mysterious, Spooky, and Zaishen Tonics (which add 3, 5, 25, and 3 points respectively).
- Regular tonics cause 5 seconds of Tonic Tipsiness, while everlasting tonics cause 30 seconds of it. This effect prevents additional tonics being used while it is active.
- Everlasting tonics can be used an unlimited number of times but do not contribute to the title track. Each of the two-point tonics has an everlasting equivalent.
These tonics are randomly obtained from the Zaishen Chest during their respective month.
|Month||Single use||Everlasting||Model used|
|January||Cerebral Tonic||Everlasting Cerebral Tonic||Asura|
|February||Searing Tonic||Everlasting Searing Tonic||Charr|
|March||Abyssal Tonic||Everlasting Abyssal Tonic||Abyssal|
|April||Unseen Tonic||Everlasting Unseen Tonic||Mursaat|
|May||Phantasmal Tonic||Everlasting Phantasmal Tonic||Rift Warden|
|July||Boreal Tonic||Everlasting Boreal Tonic||Norn|
|August||Trapdoor Tonic||Everlasting Trapdoor Tonic||Armored Cave Spider|
|September||Macabre Tonic||Everlasting Macabre Tonic||Awakened Head|
(slightly different model)
|November||Gelatinous Tonic||Everlasting Gelatinous Tonic||Ooze|
|December||Abominable Tonic||Everlasting Abominable Tonic||Yeti|
6th year tonics
Birthday Presents that are received by characters when reaching their sixth birthday (72 months) and Sixth Birthday Surprise Boxes (acquired in exchange for a Birthday Present Voucher) contain one of these tonics.
- The only tonics that can be used in explorable areas are the Birthday, Henchman, Minutely Mad King, Transmogrifier, Yuletide, and Zaishen varieties.
- If your character zones or changes districts, the tonic's effect ends.
- For many of the forms, emote animations are either different or do not activate. See each form page for specifics.
- Almost all tonics will perform an emote (typically of being knocked down) when using the "/Stand" emote while sitting.
- If your character is moving when you activate a tonic, the transformation won't take place until your character stops or changes direction.
- Unlike the other tonics, 6th year birthday present tonic form effects don't wear off if the character dies.
- Some cinematics will cause the 6th year birthday everlasting tonic effects to wear off.
- There are currently 65 different everlasting tonics in the game (20 white, 10 purple, 7 gold, and 28 green).
- Tonics cannot be used in PvP outposts (with the exception of guild halls) nor areas.
Bug.While tonics of the same type will stack, individual tonics may occasionally appear unstackable. Identifying the tonic(s) in question will resolve this issue, and make them stack properly.
- Prior to the October 18, 2012 update, a character could use a maximum of two tonics in each instance.