Characters reaching 24 months of age will receive an unopened second-year present in their inventory, which will contain one of the following miniatures:
Characters reaching 36 months of age will receive an unopened third-year present in their inventory, which will contain one of the following miniatures:
Characters reaching 48 months of age will receive an unopened fourth-year present in their inventory, which will contain one of the following miniatures:
Characters reaching 60 months of age will receive an unopened fifth-year present in their inventory, which will contain one of the following miniatures:
Happy <Nth> birthday!
— In-game description
<First/Second/etc.> Birthday Surprise Box
Uses remaining: 1
Contains a random <miniature/everlasting tonic> from the <First/Second/etc.> Birthday series. (Double-click to open.)
— In-game description
A Birthday Present is a type of present that is awarded to each character every 12 months (from 12 to 84 months), counting from the day of creation. It appears in inventory the first time that character enters the game after reaching the milestone. A Birthday Present acquired from a Xunlai Gift-Giver is called a Birthday Surprise Box. The main difference between Presents and Surprise Boxes is Surprise Boxes cannot be traded or sold, they will not go into a trade window.
- Birthday Present: automatically every 12 months from 12 to 84 months.
- Birthday Surprise Box: from a Xunlai Gift-Giver in exchange for a Birthday Present Voucher.
The seventh year present has a chance to drop Purple, Gold or Green miniatures from any of the first five years of presents (first row) and several previously exclusive minis from other sources (second row).
- If the character's inventory is full then the Birthday Present will appear the next time the character zones into a new outpost or district with at least one empty slot.
- Excluding their acquisition methods and descriptions, the only difference is that Birthday Surprise Boxes cannot be traded.
- To find out how often each item appears from a Birthday Present, visit the research subpage.
- Except for the color, these five prizes use the same inventory icon: Factions Collector's Edition Prize, Nightfall Collector's Edition Prize, Winter Gift, and Festival Prize.
- Originally, John Stumme stated only that "there are some [seventh year] minis that are not repeats from the presents of previous years - they're just rare." Stephane Lo Presti later confirmed the exact contents of the seventh year Birthday Presents.
- Birthday Present Voucher, awarded annually instead of a Birthday Present from 96 months onwards.
|Guild Wars Factions|
|Guild Wars Nightfall|
|Coffer of Whispers random reward|
|Cross-campaign scavenger hunt|
|Gift of the Traveler|
|Hall of Heroes random reward|
|Imperial Guard Lockbox|| Minister Reiko
Ecclesiate Xun Rao
|Peacekeepers (War in Kryta)||Peacekeeper Enforcer|
|White Mantle (War in Kryta)|| Confessor Dorian |
|Champion's Zaishen Strongbox||Guild Lord|
|Gladiator's Zaishen Strongbox||Ghostly Priest|
|Hero's Zaishen Strongbox||Rift Warden|
|Strategist's Zaishen Strongbox||High Priest Zhang|
During special events only
|Canthan New Year|
|Wintersday (since 2007)|
|Farewell to Gaile.1|
1:These miniatures were only given to Gaile Gray.
|San Diego Comic-Con 2007,
Indianapoilis Gen Con (2007),
and Penny Arcade Expo (2007),
European Magazine Promotions
These are miniatures that are obtained as part of championships, official contests, as promotional miniatures in the Taiwan and Japan territories, and as promotional magazine giveaways in the European region. The Oni, Naga Raincaller, Zhed Shadowhoof, Shiro'ken Assassin and Vizu miniatures were also made available as seventh-year Birthday Presents.
- The game treats miniatures as allies:
- Miniatures have been observed to have drops assigned to them; however, the owner of the mini is still able to pick up the drop. (Sources: Image & discussion.)
- There are currently 119 different miniatures in the game (40 white, 19 purple, 38 gold, and 22 green), including the 3 unique Frogs.
- Before the October 12th 2007 update, Miniatures would die if hit by a snow ball or boulder.
- Many high-end miniatures are no longer in circulation, as they belonged to accounts that have been permanently banned.
- Hours before the First Year miniatures were due to be released, all newly created characters spawned with a miniature. The game was rolled back an hour later, after many exploited this glitch.
- New birthday miniatures were introduced near the first five anniversaries since the game's release: April 27th, 2007; April 25th, 2008; April 26th, 2009; and April 23rd, 2010.
Simply replace "No" with "yes" on any that you already have and choose the color for your table and title text