From Guild Wars WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Uses remaining: 1
A gift from Fylinn, Sworn to Winds.
Double-click to open. This item cannot be traded or sold.
— in-game description
Given by Fylinn, Sworn to Winds during Wayfarer's Reverie, in exchange for a Proof of Waves, Proof of Winds, Proof of Flames, and Proof of Mountains. Each account is limited to one Reverie Gift. She will only offer the gift if your account has never received a Reverie Gift before.
Opening the gift places a customized Tormented weapon into the character's inventory.
The specific weapon is prioritized as follows:
- The primary profession that is opening the gift
- Whether the relevant weapon type had been dedicated to that account's Hall of Monuments.
- If all such weapons have been dedicated, the weapon will be a customized Tormented Tactics Shield, regardless of the profession.
Prioritization by profession
The weapons given are prioritized almost as expected for each profession: their primary weapon type.
- Assassins: Tormented Daggers
- Dervishes: Tormented Scythe
- Paragons: Tormented Spear
- Rangers: Tormented Shortbow, which is the only type of Tormented Bow that can be received via Reverie Gifts.
- Spellcaster professions:Tormented Staff → Tormented Scepter → Tormented Focus. The stats will be linked to the primary attribute, except for Ritualists, who will get Communing stats.
- Warriors: Tormented Sword
- Tormented Axe and Tormented Maul are also potential drops, although the requirements have not been established.
- As suggested above, various professions might end up with other weapon types, depending on what has already been dedicated in the Hall of Monuments.
- The character's assigned attribute points do not affect the type of weapon, despite persistent rumors to the contrary.
- The stats for any weapons dedicated in the Hall already do not affect the choices, e.g. if the mesmer for an account already dedicated a staff, an elementalist would receive an Energy Storage scepter.
- Shares its inventory icon with Beautiful Pearl and Black Pearl.
- Introduced in Wayfarer's Reverie 2012.
- ^ ab Comment by John Stumme, Guild Wars Wiki