|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
|Reward chest||Havok's Chest|
|Required quest||The Misanthropic Jotun Principle|
Getting there from Longeye's Ledge
Broken Asura portal on level 2
A vast series of caves, called the Darkrime Delves by the local Norn, leads into the depths of the northern mountains in Bjora Marches. Home to snow jotun, the caves provide natural defenses for the ferocious (yet not terribly clever) beasts. We came upon two hunters, Kolgrim and Einarr, in the middle of an argument over which of them had the right to enter the Delves and kill the new jotun leader. The matter was a point of both honor and glory, as the defeat of such a powerful beast would certainly immortalize the victor. There seemed no end in sight to their bitter discussion, so on a lark, they allowed us to enter the caves first. The hunt was long and arduous, but in the end, the incredulous Norn were amazed by our success. Our impressive victory greatly increased our reputation.
 Hidden objects
Hidden objects are revealed using Light of Deldrimor.
- 24 Dwarven Ghost ally
- Level 1: Near the Area Map
- Level 2: South of broken Asura Gate
- Level 3: In secret area (eastern door, previously closed)
- Hidden Treasure
- Level 1: Over the upper bridge, near the Beacon of Droknar
- Level 1: North of the upper Dungeon Gate (2x)
- Level 1: A bit south from the upper Dungeon Gate, near the Nightmares
- Level 1: At the west end of the middle bridge
- Level 2: West of Area Map
- Level 2: Central area, Northern upper path, after avoiding the rolling snow ball
- Level 2: Central area, at the bottom center of the chasm in the center of the room
- Level 2: At the very bottom point south of the central area
- Level 3: Near northern Area Map
- Level 3: Near southern Area Map
- Level 3: South east of boss area near Beacon of Droknar
- Level 3: North part of boss area
- Level 3: In Secret Area
- Secret Switch
- Level 3: Middle of the southern den area
 Charmable animals
- 5 White Crab (all levels)
- 20 (26) Chromatic Drake (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Bloodtaint Dryder (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Dreadgaze Dryder (level 1)
- 24 (26) Soulfire Dryder (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Terrorbond Dryder (level 2)
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Carver (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Crusher (level 1)
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Healer (level 1)
- 24 (26) Stone Summit Gnasher (level 2)
Elementals (levels 1 and 3)
- 20 (26) Stormcloud Incubus (levels 1 and 2)
Nightmares (level 1)
- 24 (28) Jotun Skullsmasher (levels 2 and 3)
- 28 (30) Jotun Skullsmasher (all levels)
- 24 (28) Jotun Bloodcurdler (level 3)
- 28 (30) Jotun Bloodcurdler (all levels)
- 28 (30) Jotun Bladeturner (all levels)
- 24 (28) Jotun Mindbreaker (levels 1 and 3)
- 28 (30) Jotun Mindbreaker (all levels)
- 26 (30) Havok-kin (two on level 1, one on level 2, one on level 3) → Skull Crack
- 28 (30) Grelk Icelash (level 2) → Skull Crack (Grelk's Hammer)
 Boss-like foes
- 29 (32) Havok Soulwail (level 3)
- 1,500 Norn reputation points are awarded for completing this dungeon for the first time in normal mode, and 750 points are awarded for subsequent completions. 2,250 Norn reputation points are awarded for completing this dungeon in hard mode for the first time, and 1,125 points are awarded for subsequent completions.
- The first gate on level 1 will not open without the required quest.
- Picking up the Dungeon Key on the first level will disable the Ice Dart traps.
- The operation of the two bridges on the first level is still mysterious; it appears to be random. Operate the lever beyond the ice trap, and the bridge section will move into place. Cross whichever bridge is available, moving upward and into the area beyond.
- Pull the small groups around the end boss, until there is only Havok Soulwail and a few other Jotun.
- After killing the end boss, Havok's Chest spawns.
- The Stone Summit listed in the dungeon are no threat as they are being constantly wiped out by the Jotun every time they are encountered.
- The location of the Area Map in level 3 may not be correct. It may be just inside and to the left of the entry at the end of the dead end trail shown.
- The southern end of level 3 contains a switch that opens a secret door on the east side of the map. Inside are four Hidden Treasures and a Dwarven Ghost.
- On level 2, there is an overlook that show some mine equipment; scaffolding, board-bottom walkways, and at the bottom of the scaffolding, what looks like a giant face. This spot is where the first turn is made on the map for level 2 above. Just above this face, an orange firefly-looking thing flies around occasionally.
|One-level||Ooze Pit • Fronis Irontoe's Lair • Secret Lair of the Snowmen|
|Two-level||Arachni's Haunt • Bogroot Growths • Sepulchre of Dragrimmar|
|Three-level||Bloodstone Caves • Catacombs of Kathandrax • Cathedral of Flames • Darkrime Delves • Heart of the Shiverpeaks • Oola's Lab • Raven's Point • Rragar's Menagerie • Shards of Orr • Vloxen Excavations|
|Five-level||Frostmaw's Burrows • Slavers' Exile|