Catacombs of Kathandrax
|Catacombs of Kathandrax|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Region||Depths of Tyria|
|Reward chest||Chest of Kathandrax|
|Required quest||Kathandrax's Crusher|
Getting there from Doomlore Shrine
Catacombs of Kathandrax Level 1
Catacombs of Kathandrax Level 2
Catacombs of Kathandrax Level 3
Level 3 Boss Room
Remnants of the Ebon Vanguard survived in the Catacombs of Kathandrax. While on a mission to recover a legendary weapon, they were ambushed by overwhelming Charr forces. Captain Langmar made it clear to her troops: recovering Kathandrax's Crusher was of utmost importance. Broken and weary, the remaining Vanguard found little solace, for they found the caves infested with fire elementals and other terrible creatures. Their numbers few, they no longer had the strength to reach the artifact. Because its immense power would surely aid the Ebon Vanguard in the ongoing battle against the Charr, we had no choice but to help them retrieve it. Kathandrax's Crusher was hidden deep beneath the raging fires of Sacnoth Valley, protected by a fiery elemental lord.
From Doomlore Shrine head southeast to Sacnoth Valley. Once in Sacnoth Valley hug the east side and head south. The entrance to the dungeon is in the southeast corner.
Light of Deldrimor rewards
- Level 1
- 24 (24) Dwarven Ghost - At the Beacon of Droknar near the northen area map.
- 24 (24) Dwarven Ghost - At the Beacon of Droknar just above the dungeon key location.
- 24 (24) Dwarven Ghost - At the Beacon of Droknar at the dungeon lock.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Three in the large furnace room. Two near southern furnace and one between the two furnaces.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the room with the Dungeon Key.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Near Area Map just past dungeon door
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Last room to right of bridge just before dungeon level exit.
- Level 2
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Two Hidden Treasures, one at each Area Map.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - At the second Resurrection Shrine on your way to the dungeon key, in the middle of the first hall.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Just behind the Regent of Flame that drops the dungeon key.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - Near the Dungeon Lock.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In a lava pool just past the 4th Resurrection Shrine, where two Infernal Wurms stand.
- Level 3
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the middle of the first room, near the Beacon of Droknar.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the second room past the boss lock, near the fire dart in the south-west (opposite to the Area Map).
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - The third room - past the first flame guardian- close to the entrance.
- 1 (20) Hidden Treasure - In the boss room, east of Ilsundur.
- 20 (26) Needling Lavastrider (all levels)
- 24 (26) Needling Lavastrider (level 3)
- 24 (26) Flame Guardian (levels 1 and 3)
- 20 (26) Roaring Ether (all levels)
- 24 (26) Burning Spirit (all levels)
- 24 (26) Flowstone Elemental (all levels)
- 20 (26) Becalmed Djinn (level 3)
- 24 (26) Enchanted Sword (levels 1 and 2)
- 28 (30) Forge Master (all levels)
- 24 (26) Forge Imp (levels 2 and 3)
- 20 (26) Deadly Lavastrider (all levels)
- 20 (26) Cave Aloe (levels 1 and 2)
- 24 (26) Infernal Wurm (level 2)
- 24 (26) Raging Infernal Wurm (level 2)
- 24 (26) Infernal Siege Wurm (all levels)
- 28 (30) Flame Djinn → Flourish (one on level 3)
- 28 (30) Regent of Flame → Savannah Heat (one on level 1, two on level 2, one on level 3)
- 29 (32) Ilsundur, Lord of Fire (level 3)
- 1,500 Ebon Vanguard reputation points are awarded for completing this dungeon for the first time in normal mode, and 750 points are awarded for subsequent completions. 2,250 Ebon Vanguard reputation points are awarded for completing this dungeon in hard mode for the first time, and 1,125 points are awarded for subsequent completions.
- Killing a Becalmed Djinn on level 3 will cause a number of hidden monsters to spawn.
- Fire Jet and Fire Dart turrets can be disabled by killing the Flame Guardians.
- This dungeon has many foes that are not fleshy.
|One-level||Ooze Pit • Fronis Irontoe's Lair • Secret Lair of the Snowmen|
|Two-level||Arachni's Haunt • Bogroot Growths • Sepulchre of Dragrimmar|
|Three-level||Bloodstone Caves • Catacombs of Kathandrax • Cathedral of Flames • Darkrime Delves • Heart of the Shiverpeaks • Oola's Lab • Raven's Point • Rragar's Menagerie • Shards of Orr • Vloxen Excavations|
|Five-level||Frostmaw's Burrows • Slavers' Exile|