Genius Operated Living Enchanted Manifestation
- This article is about a primary quest. This name is also used for a Zaishen mission quest. For the explorable area, see Riven Earth.
|Genius Operated Living Enchanted Manifestation|
|Section||Primary Asura Quests|
|Campaign||Eye of the North|
|Given by|| Mamp |
in Rata Sum
|Part of||The Knowledgeable Asura|
|Preceded by||A Little Help|
(Click to enlarge)
- 1 Quest information
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 NPCs
- 4 Dialogue
- 5 Notes
- Mamp in Rata Sum will brief you on the defenses.
- Protect each golem kiln as it heats up.
- Learn how to deploy golems into battle.
- Raze the Destroyer hive.
- Drop an Asuran beacon obtained from Sokka to summon golem reinforcements.
- Defeat the Bringers of Destruction protecting the hive.
- Asura reputation points
- First time: 1,000 (1,500 in hard mode)
- On repeat: 100 (150 in hard mode)
- 2,500 Experience
The mission is divided into three main parts: (1) defend a set of golem-producing kilns while Sokka makes them fully operational; (2) fight your way to the Destroyer spawning grounds (a burnt out area near the top of the map); and (3) defeat the Bringers of Destruction. Alternatively, you can head straight to spawning grounds and then decide to defeat the Destroyer bosses with or without Golem support. Whichever method you use should take around 8-15 minutes; if it is taking you longer, it might be worth resigning and starting over using a different team and/or tactics.
- Split: stay behind the bridge to take full advantage of the NPCs. The Destroyers stop attacking after a kiln is heated; you can regroup then.
- Back and forth: Ignore Oola and Gadd, who will respawn when no other enemies are in their range. Run between the kilns, defending whichever is most vulnerable.
Using heroes and henchmen, flag the henchmen to the eastern kiln and the heroes at the northern one. You can run between them as required by the situation. As long as you include a healer in each group, you should not have much trouble in normal mode; this will work in hard mode, albeit more slowly. Recommended henchmen are: Devona, Lo Sha, Mhenlo, and Talon.
After heating each kiln, talk with Sokka so that he will follow you and offer you Asuran Beacons, which produce a pair of G.O.L.E.M. 1.0s. These golems will follow you, so you can start moving right away. Talk to a golem to switch it between wait- and follow-modes; drop a beacon to replace your golems.
Fight your way to the spawning grounds and defeat the Bringers; defeating them completes the mission (you do not have to kill the other Destroyers in that area).
Skipping the kilns
Start by avoiding Sokka and turn left. Cross the tree-trunk bridge at the far left on your map and confront the Destroyers. Once you have cleared the green area north of the kilns, you can leave the bulk of your party just outside the burnt-out area. Send one player back to trigger the heating of the kilns and then return to mop up the waves of Destroyers that follow. Finally, kill off the Bringers of Destruction. A minion master will help your team defend itself while you leave it behind to speak with Sokka.
Clear first, kilns second
If you have trouble with either of the above techniques, then return to the kilns after clearing the area between the NPCs and the spawning groups. The waves of Destroyers should be easy to dispatch: the mobs are smaller and arrive less frequently. Spark up the Golems and bring them with you to tackle the spawning grounds.
You can finish the mission in about seven minutes using this technique. At least one player must equip Recall.
Start the countdown timer by flagging heroes and henchmen between the two sets of stairs. Circle backwards and around to the left, but remaining out of compass range of the eastern kiln. Continue along this path and stop near the chasm, with the northern kiln on the edge of your compass; this allows you to trigger just that one kiln, so that you do not have to defend the other.
While you are circling around and as soon as the mission text starts appearing, flag all but one of your party just across from the left-hand side bridge. Send the remaining hero across from your eventual position across the chasm; when that hero is close enough, cast Recall on them and then flag them back with the rest of the party (you might need to micromanage their pathing; they can get stuck on corners). Once the hero is with everyone else, cancel Recall so that you can teleport to the northern kiln (without having triggered the eastern one).
While the kiln heats up, take the party to clear the route to the blackened area as usual. Wait until the kiln is ready before crossing the crest of the hill. Kill the Bringers to complete the mission.
AFK time saver
Alternatively, if your party has enough anti physical (weakness, ineptitude, wandering eye etc), a MM and Spirit master (bring shadowsong) you can flag your heroes on top of the hill, run for the kiln's and go AFK till all spwans are dead and the kiln's ready. Go back to your party and finish the mission.
- 16 (28) Destroyer Spawn
- 24 (?), 28 (30) Destroyer of Bones
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Earth
- 24 (?), 28 (30) Destroyer of Flesh
- 24 (?), 28 (30) Destroyer of Sinew
- 24 (?) Destroyer of Hordes
- 24 (?), 28 (30) Destroyer of Hope
- 24 (26), 28 (30) Destroyer of Thoughts
- 28 (30) Destroyer of Lives
- These golems don't just make themselves, you know...although that's not a bad idea. But for now, this process takes some time. I'm sure our enemies don't want us to finish. Make yourself useful and defend this G.O.L.E.M. foundry from the attacking Destroyers.
- The G.O.L.E.M. production site is almost ready. With any luck our defenses will be set up before the next Destroyer assault. Are you ready to go there?
- Ready, willing, and able! (sent to Before the Battle)
- I'll check back later.
- Gadd: "Destroyer swarms are headed this way. Here is what we need to do: protect the golem kilns while they heat up. Once they get to the correct temperature, Vekk's human friend here can summon the magical brutes to battle."
- Oola: "Brutes? The Destroyers don't stand a chance against my magnificent golems!"
- Gadd: "Your golems? These things would be worthless junk without my power source."
- Vekk: "Hrumph! Gadd never lets anything like reality get in the way when it comes to claiming all the credit." (If Vekk is in your party.)
- Sokka: "Enough arguing. Here they come!"
- Oola: "It takes some time for the kilns to produce a golem squad, but once they are ready you'll be able to summon them to the front lines."
- Gadd "It's quite ingenious; we've miniaturized the magic of an Asura Gate into handy, portable beacons. Young Sokka, here, will accompany you with a pack full of beacons."
- Gadd "Obtain a beacon from him whenever a golem is ready to deploy. Drop it anywhere on the battlefield and a golem will gate into your position."
- Oola: "Fight your way to the hive and destroy it. The golems will overwhelm the hive, if our hypotheses are correct."
- Gadd "Of course they will. I'm never wrong!"
- Sokka: "A golem is ready to be deployed!"
- Sokka: "Oh, my! What is that thing?"
- See Price of Victory.
- The relevant quest may be obtained directly from Mamp (who will also take you into the mission). Alternatively, after completing it once, it may also be obtained from the Scrying Pool in the Hall of Monuments (like any quest from the Hero's Handbook).
- Those wishing to scrape the area can do so easily: follow the alternative walkthrough and postpone the activation of the kilns; the area will be free of foes.
- This mission presents a good opportunity to farm Destroyers.
- Destroyers are immune to burning, resistant to fire damage, and vulnerable to cold damage. A common approach is to combine Winter with any elemental damage.
|Eye of the North primary repeatable quests and missions|
|Asura arc: Finding the Bloodstone and The Elusive Golemancer » Genius Operated Living Enchanted Manifestation|
|Ebon Vanguard arc: Against the Charr » Warband of Brothers » Assault on the Stronghold|
|Norn arc: Curse of the Nornbear » A Gate Too Far and Blood Washes Blood|
|Deldrimor arc: Destruction's Depths » A Time for Heroes|
|Challenge: Glint's Challenge|