A caster weapon is any weapon or offhand that aids a spellcaster. Typical spellcasting weapons are staves, wands, and focus items. Casters can also make use of martial weapons (if they are properly modded) and shields.
Generally, caster weapons are combined in one of the following ways:
- A staff can have 20% universal HSR, which is useful for builds with multiple attributes or PvE-only spells. It can also have enchantment duration upgrades, and can provide more energy than a wand/focus combination. Meeting a staff's attribute requirement is only necessary for weapon damage.
- A wand and a focus item can provide up to 36% HCT+HSR for a single attribute, which is useful for spamming spells. Meeting a wand's requirement is only necessary for weapon damage, but meeting a focus item's requirement is necessary to receive the full energy bonus.
- Martial weapons can combine an "of Enchanting" upgrade with the +5 energy inscription "I Have the Power!" or a 10% universal HSR inscription, which makes maintaining enchantments viable with a one-handed martial weapon and a focus item or shield. Meeting a martial weapon's attribute requirement is only necessary for weapon damage. They can also be upgraded with a fortitude mod for an unconditional energy and health bonus. Spellcasters wielding a caster martial weapon also have the benefit of causing the NPC AI to not activate certain skills that target foes, such as Backfire, on them.
- For this combination, examples of unique caster martial weapons include:
- A wand and a shield can be combined for the usual HSR or HCT along with extra armor rating and health. Some shields provide an extra benefit with a mod for physical damage absorption or +10 armor against certain damage types.
 Specific uses
- Combine a weapon with the "Brawn over Brains" inscription and a shield for an energy hiding set.
- Combine a weapon with a shield or focus item for an unconditional +60 health, and even more conditional.
- Combine a wand with a focus for a "high energy set" with two +15 energy /-1 energy regeneration upgrades. (This combination is usually used as a secondary set, which a caster can swap to when they need extra energy. This avoids the drawback of -2 energy regeneration since you swap back immediately after casting the spell.)
- Create a particular weapon set for a specialized gimmick build (such as the Explosive Growth Ritualist: a Poisonous prefix-mod is used to increase the duration of the condition from Death Nova).