| Ranger skills|
|Categories|| Skill feedback|
- 1 About this suggestion
- 2 Expertise
- 3 Marksmanship
- 4 Wilderness Survival
- 5 Beast Mastery
- 6 Optionals
- 7 Summary
About this suggestion
Since the seperate ranger suggestions i made have mostly been designed to work with eachother i decided to put them into one suggestion to make it easier to understand the changes.
To make the skills easier to balance and use i turned many skills into adrenaline skills. Mainly attack skills have been difficult to balance and ended up being nerfed many times in the past resulting in the ranger being mostly underpowered in terms of offense.
I also split all of the preparations with an increased duration and recharge for PvE and a decreased activation time of 1.5 to make using them a bit easier when in combat.
- For each rank of Expertise your arrows move 4% faster and the energy cost of your preparations, rituals, touch skills and traps are decreased by 4%.
Archer's Signet 10 Elite Signet (10 seconds). Your next ritual or preparation activates instantly or your next bow attack moves twice as fast and recharges 25...65...75% faster and costs 3...9...10 less energy.
10 Elite Signet (10 seconds) Your next ritual or preparation activates instantly and your next bow attack moves twice as fast and recharges 15...43...50% faster and costs 3...9...10 less energy. Disables your non-ranger skills for 10 seconds.
10 1½ 12 Preparation (24 seconds). Your arrows have +5...17...20% chance to critical hit. Whenever you interrupt a foe you deal +1...12...15 damage.
5 15 Stance (2...5...6 seconds). You move 25% faster and have 50% to block. Ends if you make a melee attack.
10 1½ 12 Preparation (24 seconds). You gain + 0...1...1 Marksmanship and your bow attacks cost 1...3...3 less energy.
4 6 Stance (3...10...12 seconds). You attack 33% faster. No effect unless you have a bow equipped.
5 1½ 12 Preparation (24 seconds). Your arrows move twice as fast. You gain 25% more adrenaline when your arrows hit. No effect unless Expertise is 4 or more.
Storm's Embrace 5 15 Stance (5...17...20 seconds). Your preparations activates 33% faster and lasts 25...85...100% longer. While under the effect of a preparation, damage you deal is converted into lightning damage.
Broad Head Arrow 5 ½ Elite Bow attack. Inflicts bleeding condition (3...13...15 seconds). Interrupts an action. Interruption effect: inflicts dazed condition (2...8...10 seconds) if you interrupted a spell.
Poison Arrow 6 Elite Bow attack. Shoot an arrow that releases a poisonous gas. Deals 25...45...50 damage and inflicts poison condition (5...17...20 seconds) to target foe and foes adjacent to target foe.
5 1 Bow attack. Moves twice as fast. Unblockable and removes a stance. Your non-ranger skills are disabled for 2 seconds.
5 2 Bow attack. Shoot two arrows at target foe. These arrows deal 25% less damage.
- Kurzick/Luxon Title Track Skills
10 1½ 12 Preparation (24 seconds). Your attacks inflict poison condition (3...13...15 seconds).
10 1½ 12 Preparation (24 seconds). Your arrows deals +1...8...10 damage and inflict bleeding condition (3...13...15 seconds).
5 10 Skill (10 seconds). Your next 3 arrows deal 5...21...25 fire damage to target foe and foes adjacent to target foe.
5 1½ 12 Preparation (24 seconds). Your arrows deals +5...21...25 fire damage. Your arrows deal fire damage.
Melandru's Arrows 10 1½ 18 Elite Preparation (36 seconds). Your arrows inflict bleeding condition (5...17...20 seconds). Whenever your arrows hit you gain 50% more adrenaline and are healed for 5...17...20.
Scavenger's Focus 10 1½ 18 Elite Preparation (36 seconds). Conditions you inflict with your attacks last 25...85...100% longer. Your attacks deal +5...13...15 damage to conditioned foes. Gain 1...3...3 energy whenever you hit a conditioned foe.
10 1½ 12 Elite Preparation (24 seconds). Conditions you inflict with your attacks last 25...45...50% longer. Your attacks deal +1...8...10 damage to conditioned foes. Gain 1...3...3 energy whenever you hit a conditioned foe.
To make the pet useful again I overhauled the way pet attacks function and replaced multiple pet attacks with 2 new type of attack skills, Master Attack and Unison Attack. These attack skills have been designed to let the pet be a viable option for both primary rangers and secondary rangers and make the use of the pet a lot more active.
- Pet attack: An attack skill performed by the pet. It always costs adrenaline and is charged by the pet and the pet can freely use them. The owner can queue the pet attacks or manually activate them when the are fully charged.
- Master Attack: An attack skill performed by the owner and improves the abilities of the pet. Requires a pet. Can be used with any type of martial weapon but not caster weapons.
- Unison Attack: Owner and the pet perform the same attack skill. Power increases if the owner and the pet attack the same target. Requires a pet. Can be used with any type of martial weapon but not caster weapons.
Several of the utility skills of Beast Mastery have also need changed around this new concept.
Scavenger Strike 5 Master attack. Deals +10...18...20 damage. You gain 3...9...10 energy if target foe is suffering from a condition. Your pet deals +1...8...10 damage against conditioned foes (10 seconds).
Feral Lunge 8 Unison attack. You and your pet deal 10...34...40 damage to target foe and foes adjacent to your target[s]. You and your pet have +5...25...30% chance to critical hit (10 seconds) if you both attack the same target.
Strike as One 5 1 15 Elite Unison attack. You and your pet inflict bleeding condition (3...13...15 seconds) and cripple condition (3...13...15 seconds). Causes a knock down if you both attack the same target.
Heal as One 5 1 10 Elite Skill. You and your pet are healed for 30...126...150 and lose 1...3...3 condition[s]. Resurrects your pet at 50...90...100% health if dead. While you have this skill equiped your pet will travel with you and you and your pet are healed for 1...16...20 when hitting with an attack.
Comfort Animal 5 1 10 Skill. Your pet loses 1...2...2 condition[s] and is healed for 30...126...150. Resurrects your pet at 15...55...65% health if dead. While you have this skill equiped your pet will travel with you and has +1...3...3 health regeneration.
Revive Animal 5 1 10 Skill. Your pet gains 1...3...3 strike[s] of adrenaline and is healed for 30...126...150. Resurrects your pet at 25...65...75% health if dead. While you have this skill equiped your pet will travel with you and has +25...85...100 maximum health.
Companionship 5 2 10 Skill. Heals you and your pet for 30...126...150. Resurrects your pet at 25...45...50% health if dead. While you have this skill equiped your pet will travel with you. You and your pet are healed for 1...8...10 whenever you both attack the same target.
- PvP versions
5 1 10 Elite Skill. You and your pet are healed for 30...126...150 and lose 1...3...3 condition[s]. Resurrects your pet at 50...90...100% health if dead. You and your pet are healed for 1...16...20 when hitting with an attack (30 seconds).
5 1 10 Skill. Your pet loses 1...2...2 condition[s] and is healed for 30...126...150. Resurrects your pet at 15...55...65% health if dead. Your pet has +1...3...3 health regeneration (30 seconds).
5 1 10 Skill. Your pet gains 1...3...3 strike[s] of adrenaline and is healed for 30...126...150. Resurrects your pet at 25...65...75% health if dead. Your pet has +25...85...100 maximum health (30 seconds).
5 2 10 Skill. Heals you and your pet for 30...126...150. Resurrects your pet at 25...45...50% health if dead. You and your pet are healed for 1...8...10 whenever you both attack the same target (30 seconds).
- Sunspear Title skill
Brambles 5 1 30 Nature ritual (30...126...150 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Whenever a creature is knocked down that creature takes 5...13...15 earth damage and suffers bleeding condition (5...17...20 seconds).
Edge of Extinction 10 1 30 Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Whenever a creature in range dies other creatures in range of the same kind take 15...43...50 damage if their health is above 20% maximum health. Creatures in range below 20% maximum health deal +5...17...20% more damage to creatures of a different kind.
Greater Conflagration 10 1 30 Elite Nature ritual (30...126...150 seconds). Creates a level 3...13...15 spirit. Converts all damage into fire damage and increases it by 5...17...20 for creatures in range.
Lacerate 10 1 45 Elite Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 3...13...15 spirit. Whenever creatures in range take slashing damage or piercing damage they suffer bleeding condition (5...21...25) seconds. Bleeding creatures suffer -2 health degeneration and take 5...13...15 damage each second.
Pestilence 15 1 45 Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Whenever a new condition is applied on a creature in range, all creatures of the same kind near that creature suffer the same condition for the same duration if they are not suffering from that condition.
Predatory Season 10 1 30 Nature ritual (15...51...60 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures in range move and attack 15% faster. Heals for 1...12...15 whenever creatures in range attack.
Quicksand 10 1 45 Elite Nature ritual (15...39...45 seconds). Creates a level 3...13...15 spirit. Creatures in range move 30% slower and attack 30% slower and cannot move or attack faster than normal.
Toxicity 15 1 45 Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures suffering from a condition have -2 health degeneration. Deals 1...12...15 damage to creatures gaining a new condition.
- PvP versions
5 3 30 Nature ritual (30...126...150 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Whenever a creature is knocked down that creature takes 5...13...15 earth damage and suffers bleeding condition (5...17...20 seconds).
10 3 30 Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Whenever a creature in range dies other creatures in range of the same kind take 15...43...50 damage if their health is above 20% maximum health. Creatures in range below 20% maximum health deal +5...17...20% more damage to creatures of a different kind.
15 5 60 Nature ritual (15...39...45 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures in range gain 2 energy whenever they cast a spell.
5 3 30 Nature ritual (30...126...150 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Projectiles move 100% faster for creatures in range.
15 5 60 Nature ritual (15...51...60 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures in range have +10...42...50 maximum energy.
10 3 30 Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Resurrection skills cannot be used for creatures in range.
10 3 45 Elite Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 3...13...15 spirit. Whenever creatures in range take slashing damage or piercing damage they suffer bleeding condition (5...21...25) seconds. Bleeding creatures suffer -2 health degeneration and take 5...13...15 damage each second.
10 5 45 Nature ritual (15...39...45 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures move 10% slower and attack 10% slower and cannot move or attack faster than normal.
15 3 45 Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Whenever a new condition is applied on a creature in range, all creatures of the same kind near that creature suffer the same condition for the same duration if they are not suffering from that condition.
10 5 30 Nature ritual (15...51...60 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures in range move and attack 15% faster. Heals for 1...12...15 whenever creatures in range attack.
10 5 60 Nature ritual (15...39...45 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Spells cast 25% slower for creatures in range.
15 3 60 Nature ritual (15...39...45 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Spells recharge 25% faster for creatures in range.
15 5 60 Nature ritual (15...39...45 seconds). Creates level 1...10...12 spirit. Spells cost 30% more energy for creatures in range.
10 5 60 Nature ritual (15...51...60 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures in range have +100...420...500 maximum health.
15 3 45 Nature ritual (30...78...90 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Creatures suffering from a condition have -2 health degeneration. Deals 1...12...15 damage to creatures gaining a new condition.
15 5 60 Nature ritual (15...39...45 seconds). Creates a level 1...10...12 spirit. Enchantments and hexes expire 20...44...50% faster on creatures in range.
Smoke Trap 15 2 20 Elite Trap (90 seconds). Deals 10...34...40 earth damage and inflicts blind condition (1...4...5 seconds) and daze condition (1...4...5 seconds) each second (5 seconds) to nearby foes.
Spike Trap 15 2 20 Elite Trap (90 seconds). Deals 20...84...100 piercing damage and inflicts bleeding condition (5...17...20 seconds) and cripple condition (5...17...20 seconds) and causes a knock down to nearby foes.
- PvP versions
15 2 20 Elite Trap (90 seconds). Deals 10...34...40 earth damage and inflicts blind condition (1...4...5 seconds) and daze condition (1...4...5 seconds) each second (5 seconds) to nearby foes. Easily interrupted.
15 2 20 Elite Trap (90 seconds). Deals 20...84...100 piercing damage and inflicts bleeding condition (5...17...20 seconds) and cripple condition (5...17...20 seconds) and causes a knock down to nearby foes. Easily interrupted.
10 2 20 Trap (90 seconds). Causes a knock down to nearby foes. Easily interrupted.
A final touch is an update to the bows, adjusting them for different type of builds and play styles.
|Bow class||Attack interval||Range||Flight time||Arc size||Damage||Other properties||Advantages||Disadvantages|
|Flatbow||1.75 seconds||1.2||0.75 seconds||High||15-22||20% more adrenaline for attacks||More adrenaline gain per hit||High arc and easily dodged|
|Longbow||1.75 seconds||1.35||0.60 seconds||Medium||15-28||Well balanced and maximum firing range|
|Hornbow||2.0 seconds||1.2||0.90 seconds||High||19-35||10% armor penetration||Highest damage and additional armor penetration||Slowest firing rate, high arc and easily dodged|
|Recurve Bow||1.33 seconds||1.0||0.40 seconds||Low||7-17||Fastest firing rate and fastest arrows, difficult to dodge||Shortest range and lowest damage|
|Shortbow||1.5 seconds||1.2||0.60 seconds||Medium||15-28||Well balanced and fast firing rate|
- Flatbow: Since the bow lacks a furious mod i gave it the additional effect of giving 20% more adrenaline when the arrows hit, to compensate it's range and damage have both been reduced. For builds that require a high amount of adrenaline this bow is the most ideal. It's attack speed has been reduced a bit. It's damage range is now the same as a sword
- Longbow: One of the 2 balanced bows. The longbow now has the longest range alone since the flatbow's range has been reduced. The only change made to it is a small reduction in it's attack interval. It's attack speed is now the same as a hammer. It's damage range remains unchanged.
- Hornbow: The bow designed for damage. The hornbow has it's flight time and arc size increased and it's damage has also been increased. Out of all bows it deals the highest amount of damage, having the highest damage rate and additional armor penetration, the increase in it's damage comes at the cost of an increase in arc and flight time. For builds designed to have a high damage output this bow is most suited. It's attack speed remains unchanged. It's damage range is now the same as a hammer.
- Recurve Bow: I made a few changes to it to make it best suited for interrupting. It's attack interval has been reduced significantly but to compensate it's attack interval reduction it's range has been reduced and it's damage has been greatly reduced. The fast attack rate and fast arrows with low arc makes it very difficult to dodge and strong at interrupting. It's attack speed is now the same as a sword, axe and daggers. It's damage range is now the same as daggers.
- Shortbow: The second of the 2 balanced bows. The shortbow sees a few more changes than the longbow. It's range has been increased and it's attack interval has been reduced more than the longbow. Both the Shortbow and the Longbow have the same flight time, arc size and damage but the shortbow has the advantage in attack interval and the longbow has the advantage in range. It's attack speed is now the same as a scythe and spear. It's damage range remains unchanged.
The bows now have more diverse stats and have been changed to give an advantage for certain builds. A change to the bows will help to improve the ranger and support it's skills better.
I adjusted the effect of Expertise quite a bit. Instead of reducing the cost of all ranger skills and some additional skill types I changed it to a specific skill type only and removed the skill cost reduction of all ranger skills. It now reduces the cost of Preparations, Rituals, Traps and Touch skills. I retained touch skills specific to preserve the Toucher wich allows the necromancers' touch skills to see some use. The biggest change is that it no longer reduces the cost of attack skills but reduces the flight time of arrows instead. This makes it a ranger specific effect and the cost of bow attacks no longer need to be balanced around the effect of Expertise.
- Archer's Signet: Instead of increasing the duration of conditions i gave it a function closer to it's previous one but affecting more skills. It now reduces the cost of Rituals, Preparations and Bow attacks and recharges them much faster, it also lets them activate instantly. I designed this function to make it easier to use nature rituals and preparations making them more viable in both PvE and PvP. Nature Rituals primarily benefit the most from the effect of this signet since they are very often held back in use due to their long activation time and recharge time making them very impractical in a constant moving battleground. I excluded traps to prevent this skill from surpassing Trapper's Focus. It also has a PvP version that disables non-ranger skills to prevent a ranger spirit lord in PvP.
- Disrupting Accuracy: I changed it in function and purpose quite a bit. Instead of causing interrupts on critical hits it now improves the rate of critical hits. It increases damage whenever the ranger interrupts being similar in effect to Frustration.
- Distracting Shot: I reduced it's disabling time and let it scale with Expertise. Right now it's disabling time is too long for a non-elite skill. To make a comparison it's disabling time is now around that of Power Lock.
- Dodge: I turned it into a non-elite version of Escape. The current function Dodge has is almost useless for defense and for IMS there are alot better options, the drawback it has does not help either. Changing it into a non-elite version of Escape should give Dodge much better play. To prevent it from doing better than Escape it lasts shorter and recharges longer.
- Expert's Dexterity: I turned it into an adrenaline stance without recharge so it is easier for the ranger to swap between defensive stances and this stance. It's PvP version has a recharge and lasts shorter preventing it from being maintained and with the adrenaline cost from being activated instantly as well. However it's attack speed has been reversed to 33%.
- Expert's Focus: Instead increasing damage it now increases Marksmanship making bow attacks more powerful instead. The energy reduction has been increased to let it have good use without requiring a large investment in Expertise.
- Glass Arrows: I added the aditional effect of a flight time reduction of arrows like Read the Wind. For PvP it's damage has been decreased a bit. This makes function like an elite Read the Wind. No other changes to it's function otherwise. It's a small buff that should not have too much of an impact.
- Marksman's Wager: I increased it in power quite a bit. First change i made is to make it maintainable but returns alot less energy. The second is that it also improves adrenaline gain by 1 strike. Third is that is now punishes blocking like Glass Arrows but deals normal damage instead of inflicting bleeding. The last change is that i removed it's drawback. Giving it a much larger offensive support instead of being just an energy managment skill just greatly improve it's play.
- Lightning Reflexes: I changed it into a skill that allows you to shadow step to an ally and quickly create some distance between you and your foes. It can also be used to shadow step to your pet. As an added defensive effect if blinds adjacent foes and deals lightning damage to them. Since the ranger relies on ranged attacks, having a skill that can create a safe distance between you and your foes is something the ranger could use. With other defensive stances such as Escape, Dodge, Whirling Defense and Dryder's Defenses, I doubt Lightning Reflexes will be missed as a stance.
- Oath Shot: I changed this skill quite a bit as well. First thing i did is turning it into an adrenaline skill instead of a costly energy skill with a very long recharge. Instead of recharging all skills it now has a large damage increase and gives energy and adrenaline fueling adrenaline skill and energy skills making it a lot easier to use them. This function should do much better than it's current one.
- Practiced Stance: Instead of reducing the recharge of preparations it now reduced the activation time of preparation, however the duration of preparations is increased to 200% instead of the current 150%. Knowing that a preparation support for an elite stance is not enough so i also added an IAS. These changes should make it much more effective to use and support preparations much better.
- Rapid Fire: I changed Rapid Fire into a stance to give the ranger an IAS that can be combined with preparations. The cost has been changed to adrenaline. As a stance Rapid Fire should prove to be much more effective as an IAS.
- Read the Wind: To keep the new inherited arrow arc reduction of Expertise unique to the primary ranger I moved Read the Wind to expertise and let gave it a minimum requirement of 4 Expertise. The damage increase has been replaced with a 25% increase in adrenaline to give the ranger a non-elite adrenaline management preparation that synergizes well with its inherent flight time reduction and bow attacks that fire multiple arrows. For PvE it's duration and recharge have been increased to prevent it from being recast while in battle and giving time to prepare the preparation. For both PvE and PvP it's activation time has been reduced to 1.5 to make it a bit easier to use.
- Whirling Defense: A simple change. I reduced it's duration and recharge and made the damage trigger on any attack and not just projectile attacks. The damage it deals has been slightly improved and it's cost has been reduced to 5.
- Zojun's Haste: I split it from Dodge and changed it into an utility skill for preparations. It reduces the activation time of your next preparation and extends its duration.
Introducing adrenaline to bow attacks.
With the change to Expertise and since the bow allows you to charge adrenaline I decided to turn some skills into adrenaline based attacks. This allows the ranger to have better energy management and allows some attacks skills to be better balanced. Skills that improve adrenaline gain (Infuriating Heat, Ferocious Strike) now can also be used for the ranger's own use.
From the 41(!) bow attacks the ranger has I tried to make a balanced mix of adrenaline attacks and energy attacks.
The adrenaline skills
- Arcing Shot: I based this function on the GW2 warrior skill Arcing Arrow that has about the same effect. Instead of being an unblockable attack it now deals AoE fire damage improving the AoE damage of the ranger. As it name implies it still has a long arc but it's activation time has been decreased making activating it easier. The activation time of Arcing Shot is 1/2 and the flight time is 1 second regardless of the type of bow used.
- Barrage: I changed this skill into an adrenaline skill and gave it an adrenaline cost of 5 so it can be used without losing all of your energy spamming it. Since each individual attack gives adrenaline Barrage can charge itself but only when 5 or more foes are hit. To let it hit foes easier i increased it's range of attack to nearby and reduced it's flight time. To let it be used easier i decreased it's activation time. It's effect remains unchanged. Altough it's range has been increased i don't think it will outplay Incendiary Arrows because the latter has the advantage of a condition and a preparation and costs energy.
- Body Shot: With the adrenaline skills the ranger now needs less energy management, and since this it a fairly unused skill i decided to change it in function. Instead of returning energy when it hits a foe with cracked armor I let it inflict cracked armor instead and made the attack unblockable giving it better offensive use. The cracked armor allows the bow to deal better damage against high level and high armored foes.
- Broad Head Arrow: I changed it quite a bit. I changed it into an elite adrenaline interrupt and can inflict the bleeding condition. Instead of inflicting a long unconditional daze it now inflicts daze on interrupt making it an elite Concussion Shot. The bleeding covers the daze when a spell is interrupted. Unlike the other elite interrupts it deals no additional damage.
- Burning Arrow: Offensively the strongest attack skill of the ranger. I changed it's cost to 6 strikes of adrenaline and reduced it's burning duration a bit. This makes it less heavy on the energy but makes it a bit less spammable while retaining it's effectiveness as a damage skill, (even with the burning reduced it still deals +100 damage at rank 15).
- Concussion Shot: It has a high cost and low recharge and when used absurdly powerful. To balance it out better I changed it into an adrenaline skill. It's daze duration has been greatly reduced so it won't outplay Broad Head Arrow when it comes to inflicting daze.
- Disrupting Shot: Between the large amount of interrupts the ranger has this skill is lacking quite a bit and thus quite unpopular. Since it's a fairly unused skill i chose to change this skill into an adrenaline attack. It's function remains the same but the damage is now unconditional and has been decreased a bit making it an adrenaline version of the current Punishing Shot. With the unconditional damage and interrupt it should make a good skill when combined with Disrupting Accuracy.
- Forked Arrow: I turned it into an attack that can inflict a deep wound but deals a reduced amount of damage. A deep wound is something the bow is currently missing while all other martial weapons do have the ability to inflict deep wound with a non-elite attack skill.
- Keen Arrow: I reduced the damage of Keen Arrow slightly because of the change to Disrupting Accuracy getting critical hits will be alot easier making Keen Arrow deal it's additional damage. These changes should also eliminate the need of it's PvP version.
- Marauder's Shot: I let this skill retain it's offensive purpose but changed it a bit of how it functions. Instead of dealing damage unconditional and disabling skills as a drawback it now deals damage unconditional and an additional bonus damage if it hits a foe suffering from conditions and stacks up to 40. It gained an adrenaline cost of 8 strikes for balance between energy and adrenaline skills. Since the ranger has the ability to inflict multiple conditions and is using builds very often based on spreading conditions this function makes good use of such play. Altough it deals a large ammount of damage this skill still requires at least 3 conditions to achieve it's maximum amount of damage.
- Needling Shot: I changed it into a fast activating and cheap damage attack. Costing only 4 strikes of adrenaline it should make a nice addition to any damage focused bar.
- Penetrating Attack/Sundering Attack: These 2 have been nerfed quite a bit in the past due to their spiking damage and fast activation coupled with their low recharge. To make them work more balanced and still being able to deal proper damage with armor penetration i changed them into adrenaline skills. Their damage has been increased since they can no longer be used on recharge but when they are fully charged.
- Poison Arrow: To let it have better use I moved it to Marksmanship and turned it into an AoE attack that hits foes adjacent to the target spreading poison much more effectively. To make it a bit more appealing I gave it the ability to deal armor ignoring damage as well making it usable even when foes have already been poisoned. With skills such as Apply Poison and Poison Tip Signet this skill always had a difficult position when it comes to inflicting poison.
- Power Shot: Even though it deals armor ignoring damage it still remains fairly unused due to it's high energy cost. To make this skill work i also changed it into an adrenaline skill. The effects of this skill is good but the energy cost prevents it from being good (it might also make it much more worthy in pre-searing).
- Screaming Shot: Being either Hunter's Shot or this for bleeding. Since Hunter's Shot is a skill that is better for spreading bleeding and covering conditions with a cheap cost and fast activation i decided that Screaming Shot is the better candidate due to it's difficulty of balancing with its additional damage. With the adrenaline cost it is alot easier to balance it properly to Hunter's Shot. It's effect has also been adjusted slightly, it's damage has been reduced a bit as well as the duration of the bleeding condition however the bleeding is now unconditional.
- Sloth Hunter's Shot: A very powerful attack that deals a large amount of damage. The large damage it deals make this skill rather difficult to balance as a non-elite when it can be used on recharge. To make it work better and more balanced i made it an adrenaline skill costing 7 strikes of adrenaline and is in power around the same as Executioner's Strike and Chilling Victory. With the change it's PvP version has been removed and its damage now lies in between it's current PvE and PvP versions.
- Called Shot: A fun idea making a quick unblockable attack but it's current version just doesn't work properly against the bow attacks in Marksmanship. To make it a bit better i changed it's cost into 5 strikes of adrenaline and decreased it's activation time. I reduced the flight time reduction a bit but gave it the ability to remove a stance since the ranger lacks such a skill. As an additional drawback it disables non-ranger skills.
- Dual Shot: I changed it into an adrenaline skill and reduced it's activation time to make it easier to use and let it see better play. For PvP I added a recharge time to prevent it from recharging itself and has a normal activation time. With the change to multiple attack skills it would be outplayed as an energy skill by the other improved skills.
- Quick Shot: I changed its cost into 4 strikes of adrenaline and decreased it's activation time and flight time. When you have a preparation active it doubles the damage you deal, this includes skills that increase the damage of Quick Shot (e.g. Kindle Arrows, Conjure Flame) or deal damage when the foe is hit by an attack (e.g. Barbs, Mark of Pain).
- Crippling Shot: No use in PvE and limited but effective use in PvP. To make this skill worth taking in PvE I gave it the function to shoot 2 arrows at once. Being able to shoot 2 arrows at once giving it better offensive use and also allows adrenaline skills to be charged faster. For PvP it only shoots one arrow but move faster instead to make it easier to snare kiting foes. For both both PvE and PvP it also inflicts bleeding conditions, like Crippling Slash, wich cover the cripple. It's recharge has been increased from 4 to 5 seconds.
- Crossfire: Since this skill is more often used for it's cheap damage rather than it's unblockable effect I changed the unblockable effect into a multiple hit effect while prepared. It functions like Lightning Javelin and hits all foes in a straight line. With it's new function I increased it's recharge to 5 seconds. These changes gives the ranger a new form of AoE damage that goes well with the preparations as well as a way to gather adrenaline.
- Debilitating Shot: Also has been changed into an interrupt skill that requires a succesful interrupt to trigger the energy loss. Like Broad Head Arrow this should improve the play of this skill and no longer make it a skill mindless spam skill. With the change to Expertise it's cost has been reduced to 5.
- Determined Shot: I changed it into a skill that functions as both an energy management skill and an adrenaline management skill. Being a bar compression skill this new function should allow much better and much more efficient play of a skill bar composed out of both energy and adrenaline skills.
- Focused Shot: I changed it into an attack that deals armor ignoring damage like Power Shot does. It hits up to 2 more foes adjacent to your target when you are using a preparation. This makes Focused Shot a mix between AoE damage and spreading conditions.
- Hunter's Shot: It took me a long time concidering if I should add it or not and in the end i decided to add Hunter's Shot. I reduced it's recharge by alot so it can be used for spreading bleeding and covering conditions more easily. The reason I added it is because of Barbed Arrows in this suggestion and the comparisons of Hunter's Shot with Barbed Spear, Sever Artery and Aura Slicer who all 4 are better at spreading bleeding and covering conditions, comparing it with these 4 Hunter's Shot is just weak hence the recharge time reduction.
- Incendiary Arrows: I moved it to Marksmanship to make it a bit more effective, since Marksmanship usually has a greater investment of attribute points than Wilderness Survival.
- Magebane Shot: With the change to Expertise I reduced it's energy cost. The recharge still remains the same, keeping it a fast recharging interrupt.
- Melandru's Shot: Received a few changes. It still inflicts bleeding but deals unconditional damage and no longer cripples moving foes, instead it gives adrenaline when it hits. I removed the cripple since it is already being inflicted by Crippling Shot and Pin Down and only creates a useless rivalry in wich skill cripples better.
- Precision Shot: I changed it from an unblockable attack to an attack that punishes blocking. I saw this skill as the best candidate for such a function because it is a core skill and already has an anti-block theme to it. It's cost has been reduced and it's damage increase but no longer has a fast activation time and it's drawback has also been removed. This change should make it much more playable than it's current function. The change to this skill is also a reason why i changed Body Shot into an unblockable attack.
- Prepared Shot: I changed it's function and made it a skill that renews your active preparation so you don't have to reactivate it while in combat and can properly prepare it before battle. The ability of renewing your preparation removes the annoyance of reactivating it during battle and is more energy efficient.
- Punishing Shot: The only change to it's effect I made is that it now has an interruption effect and being one that deals additional damage when it interrupts a skill. Currently Savage Shot does a better job than Punishing Shot, giving it an interruption effect that deals damage should make it much more punishing. Due to the increase in damage it has been split for PvP to prevent it from being too powerful. With the change to Expertise it now costs 5 energy and has a recharge of 10 seconds.
- Savage Shot: Only fixed the scaling of the damage. For the same reason as Punishing Shot it now costs 5 energy and has a recharge of 10 seconds.
- Splinter Shot: Has received a small function change. Instead of dealing AoE damage when blocked it now deals piercing damage to 3 more adjacent foes when it hits. The damage it deals to the target has been decreased but the AoE damage it deals has been decreased. With Precision Shot now acting as a more effective blocking punishment skill I gave Splinter Shot an effect similar to Splinter Weapon to let it work as an AoE skill.
- Volley: Volley does not work well as a non-elite Barrage so in it's current form so it gave it some changes, i made it a non-elite Incendiary Arrows instead of a non-elite Barrage. It's damage has been removed and it no longer has a scaling effect and no longer removes your preparation. This change allows it to synergize with preparations such as Apply Poison and Kindle Arrows, without outplaying Incendiary Arrows (hopefully).
- Triple Shot: The Kurzick/Luxon title skill. I simply added a reduced activation time to it to make it easier to use and to let it se better play. With the change to Expertise it's cost has been reduced to 5.
This is primarily an adjustment to the offensive support of Wilderness Survival with a few supportive skills.
- Apply Poison: Like all preparations in my ranger suggestions Apply Poison also has it's activation time reduced to 1.5 second and it's recharge and duration increased for PvE. The only change I made to it is a cost reduction since 15 energy is a little bit too much. It also makes it easier for secondary rangers to use.
- Barbed Arrows: First of all I removed the armor reduction drawback. Since it's inferior to Apply Poison in terms of degeneration I added a damage buff to it.
- Choking Gas: I changed it into a normal skill that triggers on any type of attack instead of being a preparation. The interrupt still remains but only triggers once and deals armor ignoring damage to the foes affected by this skill. With the lack of an activation time and being able to use it on any weapon type should make it a lot more easier and effective to use, even for non-rangers.
- Dryder's Defense: Offers great defense but it's recharge is way too long for decent use. To make it usable I changed it into an adrenaline skill and set it's duration to 5 seconds with a recharge of 12 and scaled it's effects instead. These changes gives the ranger an effective defensive stance that can even be effective at a medium investment.
- Healing Spring: Instead of being a trap I turned it into a normal skill costing adrenaline and reduced it's activation time to 1.5, I also reduced it's recharge to 10 seconds and it's healing from 60 to 30. With the adrenaline cost it should make it more difficult for this skill to be used as a party heal and make it a more combat oriented healing skill.
- Ignite Arrows: In the end I ended up changing it into a normal skill instead of a preparation. It is quite a difficult skill to balance properly because it's damage is very close to that of Kindle Arrows, push it up a little bit to high and it will end up outplaying Kindle Arrows. Changing it to a normal skill allows it to be used together with preparations and gives it a wider range of use. I limited the amount of affected arrows to 3 allowing it to fully affect the arrows of Incendiary Arrow, Triple Shot and Volley. I increased it's damage a bit and reduced it's cost and recharge to 5, for PvP it has a recharge of 10.
- Kindle Arrows: Like Savage Shot a small number change, from 3..24 to 5..25.
- Melandru's Arrows: Iv'e changed this preparation quite a bit. It still inflicts bleeding when our arrows hit the target but the damage against enchanted foes has been removed. Instead it now improves adrenaline gain for attacks by 50% and heals when you attack with your arrows hit. This makes it a good bar compression skill, offering pressure, adrenaline management and healing.
- Melandru's Resilience: I changed it into a stance that heal and removes both conditions and hexes from the user. It can remove 5 conditions and hexes if it lasts it's full duration making it a very effective skill to counter both and it also gives the ranger a hex removal. As initial effect it gives adrenaline. These changes makes it a lot more elite worthy and should be able to compete with the other elite skills, right now it is being outplayed completely.
- Natural Stride: With the changes to Dodge I decided to make Natural Stride into an IMS-only skill. It increases your movement speed by 33% that is easy to upkeep and I added a condition removal to it.
- Poison Tip Signet: A simple change to make it more effective, I removed it's activation time so it can be used while attacking making it much more effective when it combat. Currently its being held back because of it's activation time, a problem seen before on the dervish enchantments before flash enchantments were introduced.
- Scavanger's Focus: Since I changed Archer's Signet in my Expertise suggestion I turned Scavanger's Focus back into a preparation and gave it the ability to increase the duration of conditions. To let it remain a bit of it's original function it still returns energy when hitting a foe with a condition but at a reduced amount. Returning it's old ability Scavenger's Focus now also lets your attacks deal more damage against conditioned foes. The effects apply to any type of attack making it usable for non-rangers as well as a elite bar compressions skill has great synergy with conditions.
- Snare: I changed it into a normal skill that allows you to cripple a foe with an attack. It deals additional damage if you hit a moving foe making it a good skill to counter kiting foes for any weapon type.
- Storm Chaser: It no longer gives energy and it's recharge has been reduced to make it easier to maintain. Making use of the ranger's high armor against elemental damage Storm Chaser converts all damage into lightning damage and for rangers reduces the damage they take.
- Storm's Embrace: I changed it into a normal skill that allows your next 3 attacks to inflicts cracked armor. It also converts damage you deal with your attacks into lightning damage. These changes makes it an effective skill against warriors. It also gives martial characters a good skill to inflicts cracked armor with, since it can be used on any type of weapon.
- Troll Unguent: I reduced it's casting time and made it function like Blood Renewal. Currently it is vastly inferior to other self-healing skills.
- Pet attacks
- Bestial Pounce: An attack that allows your pet to knock down attacking foes. A good skill to use to send your pet after the enemies targeting your backline.
- Enraged Lunge: Allows your pet to inflicts deep wound covered by bleeding. I doubt I need to explain the effectiveness of a covered deep wound.
- Pounce: Lets your pet knock down kiting foes. Combines well with Maiming Strike to take out kiting foes.
- Predator's Pounce: An attack that lets your pet inflict cracked armor to increase it's damage against foes. Together with Enraged Lunge it allows your pet to deal a good amount of pressure to your enemies.
- Savage Pounce: Lets your pet interrupts spells and dealing damage on interrupt. Your pet's version of Savage Shot.
- Master attacks
- Ferocious Strike: I changed it into an attack that fuels the skills of both you and your pet. This attack lets you deal a good amount of damage and when it hits your target it gives energy and charges your pet's adrenaline.
- Maiming Strike: I changed it into an attack that lets you inflicts cripple condition and when the attack hits your target, gives your pet a damage buff against moving foes for 10 seconds. As I mentioned earlier, it combines well with Pounce to counter kiting foes.
- Melandru's Assault: I changed it into an attack that lets you inflict bleeding condition when it hits and gives adrenaline when it hits the foe you target, not for each foe you hit. When you use this attack skill your pet will lose a condition and a hex regardless if it hits or not. These changes make it a good skill to fuel your own adrenaline while keeping your pet clean from conditions and hexes.
- Poisonous Bite: I changed it into an adrenaline attack that allows you to deal armor ignoring damage and lets your pet inflicts poison for it's next attack regardless if your attack hits or not.
- Scavenger's Strike: I changed it into an adrenaline attack to allow it to return more energy. Like Ferocious Strike and Melandru's Assault, the energy gain triggers when your target is suffering from a condition and not for each foe you hit with a condition. The reason for this design is the scythe's ability to hit multiple foes at once. When this attack hits your pet gains a damage buff against conditioned foes for 10 seconds. Combines very well with Melandru's Assault and Poisonous Bite.
- Unison attacks
- Bestial Mauling: I changed it into an attack skill allows you and your pet to inflict a knock down but causes adrenaline loss unless you both attack the same target. You can choose to lose all adrenaline and shut down 2 foes at once or shut down a single enemy and spike it.
- Brutal Strike: I changed it into an attack skill that makes a powerful spike. When both you and your pet target the same enemy it will deal a great amount of damage to your target.
- Disrupting Lunge: I changed it into an attack skill that lets both you and your pet interrupt an action. It has no additional damage of interruption effect but when you both attack the same target the skills of your target are disabled for a short period of time. With this skill you can choose to interrupt the action of 2 foes at once or disable a single foe for a longer period.
- Feral Lunge: I changed it into a skill that lets you and your pet deal armor ignoring AoE damage. If you both attack the same target it will increase the critical hit rate of you and your pet significantly for 10 seconds. Here you can choose to deal armor ignoring damage over a larger range or deal more damage over a period of 10 seconds but hitting less foes.
- Strike as One: I changed it into an attack skill lets you and your pet inflicts cripple condition covered by bleeding. If you both attack the same target it will also cause a knock down making it a very powerful snare. Since it costs energy and has a fast activation time the knock down can also be used to interrupt a foe. You can also choose to send your pet after a different foe and snare 2 foes at once. Since it has been changed into an attack skill it will no longer shadow step your pet to a foe.
- Call of Haste: With the new Unison attacks and the change to Strike as One I changed Call of Haste into a shout that shadow steps your pet to the foe you target and instantly changes the foe your pet is attacking to the foe you targeted. This change in function allows you to strategically place your pet at your foes for more effective play. You can let your pet tank a group of enemies by sending it ahead or assist allies by sending it to an enemy that is attacking them while you keep you focus on a different enemy. It can also be used to let your pet instantly target the same enemy as you to make full effect of the abilities of the unison attacks. I believe that this function in combination with the new attack skills will make the pet a lot more useful than it currently is.
- Call of Protection: The only thing i did was adjusting it's recharge and duration, right now it's a bit overkill. The cheap damage reduction it has needs no change.
- Predatory Bond: I changed it into a defensive skill that increases the armor of the pet. The heal on attack still remains. When this skill is combined with Symbiotic Bond and Call of Protection, it can turn your pet into a great tank.
- Symbiotic Bond: Like Call of Protection it's duration and recharge have been adjusted and has received an aditional effect. In the case of Symbiotic Bond it's an increase in maximum health allowing the pet to take in more hits, i looked at Symbiosis for that function. Since it redirects damage from the pet to the owner like Life Bond does it also received the same damage reduction effect as Life Bond.
- Feral Aggression: I changed it into a shout and reduced the IAS from 33% to 25%. With this change it's cost has been reduced quite a bit and it's now easier to maintain Feral Aggression. The additional damage increase for the pet has been replaced with an increase in critical hit chance for both the owner and pet the pet when they attack the same target.
- Otyugh's Cry: The attacks of the pet are still unblockable and I replaced the armor increase with an armor penetration for both the owner and the pet when they attack the same target. This gives Otyugh's Cry a more offensive use. The added armor penetration does not stack.
- Rampage as One: I changed it into a stance and replaced the IMS with a 33% adrenaline gain. This makes it a lot more balanced and also more useful when combined with ranged weapons.
- Heket's Rampage: Instead of being an IAS for the owner I changed it into a non-elite Rampage as One increasing the attack speed of both the owner and the pet. It still functions as a stance preventing it from being used in combination with Run as One or a defensive stance.
- Tiger's Fury/Bestial Fury: I split them into two separate skills but with an almost identical function. Tiger's Fury increases the adrenaline gain for your attacks while Bestial Fury increases the adrenaline gain for your pet in an identical way. These new effects will be useful for both the pet and the owner, even if the ownser is not using a pet.
- Comfort Animal: I increased the healing and added a condition removal to it. A good condition removal is something that is currently lacking for the pet in the ranger's utility skills. It also received an aditional passive effect giving the pet health regeneration. For PvP it's health regeneration has a duration triggered by the activation of the skill.
- Revive Animal: I changed it into a skill similar to Comfort Animal. It heals your pet when it's activated but instead of removing conditions it gives your pet adrenaline fuelling it's attack skills. Like Comfort Animal it also lets your pet travel with you when equipped and as an added passive effect it increases the maximum health of your pet. For PvP the maximum health increase is triggered by the activation of the skill.
- Companionship: The healing of this skill now affects both the owner and the pet instead of just either of them. It also resurrects the pet and when equiped let's the pet travel with the owner like Comfort Animal. It also received a passive effect that offers healing when both you and the pet attack the same target. For PvP the healing is triggered by the activation of the skill.
- Heal as One: I changed it into a combination of Comfort Animal and Companionship, healing both you and your pet and removes conditions from both you and your pet. As it currently already does your will still travel with you while equipped but instead of offering life steal for your pet it now heals when you or your pet hit with an attack. For PvP the healing is triggered by the activation of the skill. With the new attack skills the damage of your pet will improve so I doubt that the removal of the life steal will be missed.
- Never Rampage Alone: I added the ranger sunspear skill and gave it some changes. The health regeneration has been replaced by a 25% IMS and I changed it into a stance. It's cost and recharge have been reduced as well as it's duration. I basically made it the old Rampage as One but for PvE only, for the people that like it.
- Nature rituals
Added as an optional are the nature rituals. The main things i changed to them are their activation time, i have reduced them all to 1 second for PvE while in PvP they have an activation time of 3-5. The nature rituals that had a drawback in their effects no longer have it so it makes them a bit easier to use. Most of the effects they have has also become less situation specific and have a larger range of use.
Spirits that convert damage types.
- Brambles: Instead of dealing damage and inflicting bleeding whenever a foe is knocked down i changed it into a spirit that converts all damage into earth damage.
- Conflagration: Instead of converting just the damage from arrows into fire damage in converts all damage into fire damage like Brambles does for earth damage.
- Greater Conflagration: The elite version of Conflagration. It also converts all damage into fire damage and as added effect it increases the damage creatures deal.
- Winter: Similar to the spirits mentioned above, Winter also converts all damage into cold damage instead of just elemental damage. These 4 spirits can be used both offensively against foes weak against the elemental damage of these spirits or defensively and give your allies aditional defense against the elemental damage of these spirits.
Spirits that affect spells.
- Energizing Wind: I changed it into a spirit that gives energy whenever creatures use a spell, acting as a supportive energy management for your allies. It is most effective for cheap spells with a fast recharge.
- Equinox: It can be seen as an elite version of Energizing Wind. It reduces the cost of spells and activates them faster making spell casting much easier.
- Famine: The counterpart or Equinox. Famine as the opposite effect of Equinox, increases the cost and activation time of spells making it harder to cast spells.
- Primal Echoes: A non-elite version of Famine. Primal Echoes increases the casting time of spells, combined with Famine it can make a very hostile environment for casters.
- Quickening Zephyr: Retains it's function but in a lesser form. Instead of decreasing the recharge of skills by 50%, it now decreases the recharges of spells only by 25%. However it no longer has a drawback so it is much easier to use.
- Roaring Winds: Where Primal Echoes has Famine's spell casting time increase, Roaring Winds has Famine's spell cost increase. When combined with those 2 spirits, and mentioned at Primal Echoes, it creates a very hostile environment for casters.
- Tranquility: It still let's enchantments expire faster, but since Nature's Renewal no longer is a spirit i also added the effect that hexes also expire faster. This let's the ranger retain a spirit to counter hexes.
Spirits that affect attacks
- Favorable Winds: Instead of decreasing the flight time of arrows it decreases the flight time of all projectiles, including spears and projectile spells such as Fireball and Stoning. However it no longer increases damage.
- Infuriating Heat: Instead of just doubling adrenaline gain for attacks it doubles all form of adrenaline gain, including skills such as Balthazar's Rage and Dragon Slash. It can greatly improve the dps of almost all martial classes, and in the cases of a few skills (and some that needs to be changed), defense as well.
- Lacerate: It still causes -2 degeneration to bleeding foes but i increased it's damage by adding armor ignoring damage to it of a damage ammount equal to the damage of the degeneration, including the bleeding. This effectively increases the damage of bleeding up to 500%. As an aditional effect Lacerate inflicts bleeding condition whenever creatures take slashing damage or piercing damage making it very easy for martial classes to trigger the damage of Lacerate. Sword warriors can also benefit this spirit very well since they rely on bleeding for several of their key attacks.
- Muddy Terrain: Besides reducing movement speed and negating the effects of IMS skills, Muddy Terrain also decreases attack speed and negates IAS skills. This can greatly hinder the martial classes, primarily the melee classes, since it makes it harder for them to cath foes without a proper snare and their damage is reduced because they land fewer hits and gain less adrenaline. It can be seen as a martial class version of Primal Echoes and Roaring Winds.
- Predatory Season: The counterpart of Muddy Terrain. It increases movement speed and attack speed instead of reducing them like Muddy Terrain does. As an aditional effect it also heals attackers making them last longer. Unlike Muddy Terrain it does not negate the effect of skills that affect movement speed or attack speed.
- Quicksand: The elite version of Muddy Terrain. It has the same effects as Muddy Terrain but reduces movement speed and attack speed 3 times more than Muddy Terrain.
- Winnowing: I changed it's damage form into armor penetration giving martial classes better damage against high armored foes.
Spirits that affect conditions.
- Pestilence: This spirit can best be described as Fevered Dreams in spirit form. Whenever a creature gains a condition other creates of the same kind suffer the same condition for the same duration, so if poison condition is inflicted to a human other humands near that human are also poisoned, ignoring that they could be foes or allies from that creature. Non-humans (such as a norn or charr) near that human would not be poisoned.
- Toxicity: Basicly has the same effect but instead of causing degeneration to poisoned or diseased foes it causes degeneration to conditioned foes regardless of wich condition they have. Whenever a creature gains a new condition Toxicity deals damage to those creatures. These effects gives it very good synergy with Pestilence and condition heavy builds.
Spirits that affect health and energy.
- Fertile Season: Instead of being a spirit that increases the maximum health and armor of creatures i changed it itno a spirit that increases the maximum energy of creatures. This benefits all professions and lets them use their skills much more often.
- Symbiosis: The health version of Fertile Season. It's maximum health increase is now unconditional and no longer relies on enchantments. This makes it usable to all profession (besides necromancers with health sacrifice skills) and let's them last longer.
Spirits that affect death
- Edge of Extinction: I made 2 changes to it's effect. The first change is that it only deals damage to creatures above 20% maximum health when a creature of the same kind dies. This reduces the effectivenes of EoE bombing. As a second effect it increases the damage of creatures below 20% maximum health against creatures of a different kind. This effect symbolises the last attempt of a dying race to survive.
- Frozen Soil: This is the only spirit that sees no changes to it's effect.
Well those are the nature rituals.
The traps have their effect focused more around conditions instead of dealing damage, although there are some that can still deal damage of have been redesigned to deal damage. For PvE traps are no longer easily interrupted but for PvP that drawback remains. All traps now have a recharge of 20 seconds.
- Trapper's Focus: It has received the same activation time, recharge time and duration changes as the other preparations. For both PvE and PvP it still increases your Wilderness Survival and I added the effect of reducing the recharge time of traps so they can be used more often. For PvE it gives a damage reduction to make it easier and safer to place your traps near foes. For PvP it retains it's effect of preventing traps from being easily interrupted.
- Trapper's Speed: Now purely reduces the activation time of your traps and at a larger amount than before. The drawback of ending when you attack has also been removed so you can pull foes to your traps.
- Barbed Trap: I reduced it's cost and removed it's damage and reduced the duration of it's conditions. It now fully focuses on snaring foes.
- Dust Trap: I changed it into a trap that deals pulsing earth damage over a period of 5 seconds and no longer blinds foes. This makes it a trap designed for damage.
- Flame Trap: It's damage has been increased a bit but no real changes to it otherwise.
- Piercing Trap: I changed it into a trap that inflicts deep wound and cracked armor instead of dealing a high amount of piercing damage. This change makes it the traps that have been designed to deal damage more effective.
- Smoke Trap: I gave it the ability to deal earth damage over a period of 5 seconds. This makes it offensively stronger instead of being a trap that is just and annoyance. The blind and the daze have their duration reduced but are now inflicted on each pulse so their total duration does not change much.
- Spike Trap: I added the ability of inflicting bleeding condition like Barbed Trap and it now only hits once. The piercing damage it deals however has been increased a lot making it a powerful single hit trap, the total damage does not change much.
- Trapwire: No longer deals damage but causes a knock down unconditionally. However it requires an investment of at least rank 5 Wilderness Survival, not that it will be a problem for trappers.
- Viper's Nest: First move it to Wilderness Survival to let it see use. Seconds I removed the piercing damage and added the ability to inflict weakness condition making it a trap that inflicts conditions only like Barbed Trap and Piercing Trap.
Those are the optional changes.