Quests involved with:
The Familiar-Looking Hero has unique dialogue for each profession.
Warrior: "So I've got this great idea for a skill combination, first I hamstring them with a sword, then I cast Firestorm while they can't leave. What do you think? I just need to find someone who can teach me Hamstring and I'm set!"
Necromancer: "I really don't get people who train to be anything other than a Necromancer. I figure once I get three other Necromancers, we can just do everything ourselves."
- "You know there are only five gods right now? I bet I'd make a good sixth god."
- "Sigh. I wonder if I'll ever get to level 20."
- "One of these days, I'm gonna do something important, you'll see."
- "Just be thankful I haven't learned all my profession's skills yet."
- "I hope this doesn't ruin my Survivor title."
- "Ugh! I knew I shouldn't have taken these skills. I don't suppose we can go back to an outpost?."
- This NPC will have the name as the player character anywhere but in dialogue panels, in which they appear as "Familiar-Looking Hero."
- While core classes will appear with random weapons and off-hands, the four expansion classes will appear with the pre-order weapons from that campaign: Spiritbinder (Ritualist), Dragon Fangs (Assassins), Soulbreaker (Dervish), and Suntouched Spear (Paragon).
- The six core professions will all be wearing Ascalon armor regardless of their campaign of origin. Factions professions appear with Shing Jea armor and Nightfall professions with Istani armor.
The dialogues and quotes of the Familiar-Looking Hero are meta-references to the game, to player reactions to the game, and past or present meta tactics or builds:
- Breaking Charm used by Black Bears in pre-Searing Ascalon.
- The frequency that Monks in PUGs refuse to heal.
- Commonly used hero teams that depend on Soul Reaping for energy, e.g. Discordway, in which Necromancer heroes primarily use Ritualist skills
- Pre-searing Mesmers do not have access to interrupts.
- A common misconception that Flare's lack of recharge time allows it to generate high DPS.
- The animation for Chants.
- "...I bet I'd make a good sixth god." — refers to player reactions about Kormir becoming a god at the end of Nightfall (instead of the player character, who did most of the work)
- "Sigh. I wonder if I'll ever get to level 20." — refers to the length of time it used to take to earn Defender of Ascalon.