Guide to running the Eye of the North tour
The Eye of the North tour is a running route allowing characters new to the Eye of the North campaign to get fast travel access to all the outposts of the expansion with the exception of the Central Transfer Chamber (which requires completion of the mission Destruction's Depths). The run typically starts from Gunnar's Hold or Eye of the North (outpost). In game, it is most commonly known as the "EotN tour" or "Gwen tour".
- Shorten a lot the time spent moving from outpost to oupost.
- Spare possible tedious fights on the way (such as in Arbor Bay or Shards of Orr), especially for survivor candidates.
- Early access to missions and heroes (Livia, Pyre, Jora).
- Early access to quests rewarding PvE skills (from Kerrsh in Tarnished Haven and Sif in Sifhalla notably).
- Early access to outposts for farming purposes (raptor farming outside of Rata Sum, Spectral Vaettirs from Longeye's Ledge, though the latter also require completion of Blood Washes Blood).
Due to the map of the campaign, the tour splits at several points, requiring map travel between those three parts :
- 1) First the main Far Shiverpeaks and Rata Sum part, which can be done in a row with the following route :
- (If starting from the Eye of the North (outpost)) Ice Cliff Chasms → Norrhart Domains → Gunnar's Hold
- Norrhart Domains → Drakkar Lake → Sifhalla 2
- Drakkar Lake → Varajar Fells → Olafstead 2
- Varajar Fells → Verdant Cascades → Umbral Grotto
- Vloxen Excavations → Vlox's Falls
- (at this step, part 2) of the run can be done)
- Arbor Bay → Alcazia Tangle → Riven Earth → Rata Sum 2
- Riven Earth → Alcazia Tangle → Tarnished Haven 2
- 2) (requires 1) ) Next is the Gadd's Encampment part, which is also the hardest and starts from Vlox's Falls :
- Arbor Bay → Shards of Orr 1 → Gadd's Encampment
- 3) Last is the Charr Homelands part, which is usually accessed from Gunnar's Hold :
1 The run through the Shards of Orr is easier without Lost Souls active.
2 Possible alternative route
- In the Far Shiverpeaks, expect knockdowns from Jotun, Modniir, Frozen Elementals, Mandragor and Wurms.
- Either Shadow Form or Vow of Silence to counter spell based snares like Deep Freeze as well as interrupts such as Cry of Frustration
- Beware of wurms popups. Cast Shadow Form/Vow of Silence as soon as you stand up to avoid a lethal Wurm Bile.