How to craft trade
- For most Common crafting materials (the raw materials needed to craft into rare material), it is more profitable and time-efficient to trade (buy/sell) by the stacks.
- Only Artisan's Rare crafting material (listed in the Rare Artisan Crafting Materials chart above) can be crafted. All other Rare crafting material (ex: ecto, shard, etc.) must be bought, farmed, salvaged, or received from quest or chest.
- It is not recommended to craft your farmed/salvaged items. Farming takes time and it would be more profitable to sell them to players when their price is high. Crafting normally is about buying the common crafting materials from players at a low price, crafting them into rare material, and selling them when they are high.
- When getting craft and rare craft materials from traders, it is necessary to get the updated quote by clicking on Request Quote button. To be consistent, get all the craft information at the same time.
- New crafters should start small, and increase the amount of stacks and high-end crafts as you gain more experience in crafting.
- Rule of trading: Buy (from players) LOW, and sell (to players/rare material trader) HIGH. A "BUY" in the charts above will let you know when the item should be low enough to buy, and a "SELL" will let you know when you should sell.
1. Determine which Artisen's Rare crafting material you would like to craft. You will need all of its Common crafting materials (the ingredients or raw materials) in order to craft them into the rare crafting material. To find out how many and what types of raw materials are needed, and how much the artisan will charge, click on (Rare crafting material) or from the chart above. The Most profitable is Bolt of Damask, however its main ingredient Plant Fiber is harder to access. On the other hand, even though Elonian Leather Square is less profitable, its main crafting item (Tanned Hide Square) is easier and cheaper to access. Like many craft items, their basic ingredient is Pile of Glittering Dust.
2. Purchase Common crafting material from players when the price is LOW. Most common items are Pile of Glittering Dust, Tanned Hide Square, Plant Fiber and Wood Plank. Purchase at or below the Sell/Buy to players price from the charts above. Note: in rare instances and momentary, you can buy the common craft items directly from the Material trader to craft into rare material and sell it back to the Rare material trader for a quick and easy profit. It takes about 30 minutes to buy, craft and sell back a stack of rare material.
3. Hold onto your craft items and gold (for crafting fees) until you are ready to craft. Make sure you have enough space in your mule, Xunlai Chest, and/or inventory.
4. Craft the Rare crafting material by going to an artisan that can craft your item(s). The chart above shows where are the best location to find the artisans. Remember to bring all your craft items and gold with you.
5. Wait until the price of that item you have crafted is high (or high enough) before selling it to player(s). See the Recommend (Buy/Sell/None) in the Rare Artisan Crafting Materials chart above when to sell. Players will only need some to your craft to build their their armor, and as such it may take you time to sell your stack(s). If you need a quick-turnaround, you can sell your craft to the Rare material trader (see Sell to Rare Material Trader), but at a discount.