The War in Kryta
- This article is about the quest. For an overview of the War content, see War in Kryta.
|The War in Kryta|
|Storyline||Beyond: War in Kryta|
|Prophecies and Eye of the North|
|Given by||Murro |
in Lion's Arch
|Preceded by||Hell's Precipice or |
Against the Destroyers
The War in Kryta is an overarching quest that guides characters through the War in Kryta. When this quest is in your log, foes in Kryta will be different and you will have access to additional optional quests. It officially begins when eligible characters speak with Murro in Lion's Arch. However, you can also be drawn into it by speaking with Lieutenant Thackeray in Ice Cliff Chasms and taking A Good Deed or by witnessing Search for Allies in Talmark Wilderness.
- Completing either Prophecies or Eye of the North (primary)
- Completing either Zinn's Task or The Knowledgeable Asura (secondary)
- Not having completed The Battle for Lion's Arch
- Find the Shining Blade Camp in Talmark Wilderness.
- Enlist the aid of the Asura. (Asuran Allies)
- Enlist the aid of the Ebon Vanguard. (Ebon Vanguard Allies)
- Defeat the Inquisitors of the White Mantle: Lashona, Bauer, and Lovisa.
- Defeat the three Mursaat to give hope to the people: Willem the Demeaning, Aily the Innocent, and Koril the Malignant.
- Locate the Shining Blade's allies, and gather them at Lion's Arch.
- Defend Lion's Arch.
- Return to Salma for your congratulatory message.
- Take the “War in Kryta” quest from Murro in Lions Arch
- Locate the Shining Blade camp, which you will find in the southwest corner of Talmark Wilderness (just south of the westernmost bridge across the river).
- Complete Asuran Allies and Ebon Vanguard Allies.
- Revisit the Shining Blade camp.
- Take (and complete) the 3 inquisitor Wanted quests (Inquisitor Lashona, Bauer, and Lovisa) from the signpost in Lion's Arch Keep.
- Follow and complete the storyline by going to Lion's Arch Keep and taking the quests offered by Princess Salma:
- See Queen Salma for your final reward and congratulatory message.
- "The conflict in Kryta is escalating into civil war. If you are a true ally of Kryta you will rally to her cause."
- Queen Salma
- "The War in Kryta is finally over. Thank you for your help, brave adventurer. We will now turn our efforts to maintaining the peace we have won."
- It is possible to acquire this quest and witness Dialog 2 - Search for Allies without owning Guild Wars Eye of the North, however you cannot complete Asuran Allies or Ebon Vanguard Allies since travel to the Far Shiverpeaks and Tarnished Coast is impossible.
- Even though these quests cannot be completed, there will still be a change in spawns in the areas of Kryta.
- Sometimes Dialog 2 will play out without first talking to Murro to acquire this quest. If the dialogue completes, then the change in spawns will occur even without having the quest in your quest log.
- As alternative to following this quest, the War in Kryta content can be completed by following the self-guided walkthrough; however, this quest reduces the amount of dialogue and rezoning required to complete the War in Kryta.
- During the War (including bounties and missions), henchmen can be as low as level 10 while Peacekeeper and White Mantle foes are level 20 and above.
- If you begin the War in Kryta right after completion of Eye of the North storyline and with lack of progression in Prophecies, note that you will meet foes with Spectral Agony. It's highly advised to get the character's armor infused before exploring the War in Kryta areas and doing the storyline quests.
- This quest was added on November 18, 2010.