- This article is about the version of the Underworld accessed through the Voice of Grenth. For other versions of the Underworld, see the Underworld (disambiguation).
|Reward chest||Underworld Chest|
Reward trophy in the Hall of Monuments.
When the body dies, the spirit will often move on to the Mists, usually the Underworld - though there are cases where spirits end up elsewhere due to external forces. Here the spirits are judged by Grenth for their actions in life and sent to their final resting place. Recently, this realm has become invaded by demons allying themselves with Dhuum, terrorizing the souls of the dead and sending them to locations they do not belong.
To get to the Underworld, all players of the party must be Ascended or Weh no Su (Elonian characters may instead complete the quest Hunted!). Players must then either use a Passage Scroll to the Underworld (in Embark Beach or any of the following locations below), or pay 1 to the Voice of Grenth at a Statue of Grenth in any of the following locations:
All quests are repeatable by re-entering the Underworld. Quests are in order of progression by indentation.
- Lost Soul: Clear the Chamber
- Reaper of the Labyrinth: Escort of Souls
- Reaper of the Labyrinth: Unwanted Guests
- Reaper of the Labyrinth: Restoring Grenth's Monuments
- Reaper of the Bone Pits: Imprisoned Spirits
- Reaper of the Chaos Planes: The Four Horsemen
- Reaper of the Forgotten Vale: Wrathful Spirits
- Reaper of the Ice Wastes: Servants of Grenth
- Reaper of the Spawning Pools: Terrorweb Queen
- Reaper of the Twin Serpent Mountains: Demon Assassin
- Bone Pits
- Chaos Planes
- Forgotten Vale
- Hall of Judgment
- Ice Wastes
- Spawning Pools
- The Labyrinth
- Twin Serpent Mountains
- Your party has completed # of 11 quests.
All quests will affect the spawns in this area.
- 28 (28) King Frozenwind
- 15 (20) Tortured Spirit
- 28 (28) Ice Elemental (during Servants of Grenth)
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Labyrinth (not before Clear the Chamber)
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Forgotten Vale
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Ice Wastes
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Twin Serpent Mountains
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Bone Pits
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Chaos Planes
- 28 (28) Reaper of the Spawning Pools
- 15 (20) Mayor Alegheri
- 15 (20) Lost Soul
- 20 (20) New Soul (during the Escort of Souls)
- 15 (20) Anson
- 15 (20) Benton (does not spawn if Gwen is a party member)
- 15 (20) Renault
- 15 (20) Sarah
- 20 (20) Black Widow
- 24 (26) Keeper of Souls (during Demon Assassin and Unwanted Guests)
- 28 (30) Terrorweb Dryder
- 28 (30) Terrorweb Dryder (silver) (during various quests)
- 24 (26) Smite Crawler
- 28 (30) Banished Dream Rider
- 27 (30) Mindblade Spectre (during Escort of Souls, popups between the Reaper of the Labyrinth and the Forgotten Vale, and after slaying a Banished Dream Rider)
- 15 (20) Tortured Spirit (additional during Wrathful Spirits)
- 28 (30) Wailing Lord
- 29 (32) Bladed Aatxe
- 26 (30) Grasping Darkness
- 18 (25) Dying Nightmare
- 27 (30) Charged Blackness
- 26 (30) Coldfire Night
- 26 (30) Stalking Night
- 30 (32) Champion of Dhuum (during The Nightman Cometh)
- 28 (30) Minion of Dhuum (during The Nightman Cometh)
- 28 (30) Skeleton of Dhuum
- 22 (26) Chained Soul
- 28 (30) Ghozer Dhuum (during The Four Horsemen)
- 28 (30) Kazhad Dhuum (during The Four Horsemen)
- 28 (30) Madruk Dhuum (during The Four Horsemen)
- 28 (30) Thul Za Dhuum (during The Four Horsemen)
- 30 (32) Dhuum (during The Nightman Cometh)
- Each of the area's quests are repeatable; each causes additional foes to spawn.
- Successfully completing all of the quests in a single session once will unlock the quest The Nightman Cometh from King Frozenwind. After taking this quest players can go inside the Hall of Judgement. When every player is inside the Hall of Judgement, Dhuum, who resides there, will become aggressive and players can defeat him. Defeating Dhuum will unlock a statue in the Hall of Monuments and allow each party member to open the Underworld Chest once.
- Heroes can enter, but henchmen are not allowed.
- This area is among the most difficult in the game.
- The Underworld is home to the Black Widow, which can only be found there and only after completing certain quests.
- If your party wipes, you will be kicked out of the area. This will also happen if certain allies die.
- This area is popular for farming Globs of Ectoplasm.
- Approximately 50 Skeletons of Dhuum, which can be farmed throughout the year for Every Bit Helps if you stockpiled Everlasting Mobstoppers, spawn in the Underworld without quests. From quests, there are additional spawns:
- If Gwen is a member of your party, you will see a conversation between her and her mother, Sarah. Yet another dialogue will be triggered if both Gwen and Keiran Thackeray are present.
- Dhuum will not become active until all players are present and can enter the hall together: be sure to bring skills or items to resurrect any dead party members and ensure that none of the others walk away from the computer too soon.
- In Hard mode, foes have a constant seven pips of health regeneration and lowered total health.
- The following Zaishen Quests take place here:
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on The Underworld.|
- Skeletons of Dhuum were introduced during Halloween 2009 in order to help reduce the rate at which the area is farmed, both by solo and speed clearing farmers.
- The Skeletons were setup to spawn after completing most of the various quests in the area.
- The May 21, 2010 game update increased health regeneration and lowered the default health of foes in hard mode.
|Missions and Explorable areas in The Mists|
|The Underworld • The Fissure of Woe|
|The Underworld • Scarred Earth • The Courtyard • The Hall of Heroes|
|Towns and outposts • Landmarks|