Zaishen Challenge Quests are quests that are given out daily at 16:00 UTC (8:00 AM PST) at the Great Temple of Balthazar. There are three different types of quests available: Mission, Bounty and Combat; and all quests give rewards that include Zaishen Coins, Experience, Gold and Faction rewards.
Every day, we challenge you with different objectives, all over the world, running the gamut from missions to bounties to PvP. Take our daily challenges and get big rewards, including Zaishen Coins! Both challenge quests and Zaishen Coins were introduced in our Fourth Anniversary Update.
The Zaishen post their challenges each day on signs in the Great Temple of Balthazar. Click the signs to read the quest details and accept the challenge. Please note that, although you can finish them whenever you like, your Quest Log can only hold up to three of each type of Zaishen Challenge Quests.
Three quest types are offered each day:
- Mission completion. Finish certain missions that the Zaishen deem high priority.
- Bounties. Protect the innocent and kill those evil bosses!
- Combat. Battle it out in different arenas and triumph over other players.
- Note: Quests change daily at 16:00 UTC; Sandford's requests change at 7:00 UTC. If your browser does not update the available activities, you can refresh the list.
|Core • Prophecies • Factions • Nightfall • Eye of the North • Beyond|
- For earlier entries, please see the archive.
Summary of rewards
Zaishen Mission quests
An overview of previous missions is available here.
Zaishen Bounty quests
An overview of previous bounty quests is available here.
Zaishen Combat quests
|Name||Gold||Faction||Campaign / Expansion||Copper Zaishen Coins|
|Base||1st bonus||2nd bonus||Total|
|Alliance Battles||1,000||7,500 Kurzick and Luxon||Factions||25||50||100||175|
|Codex Arena||1,000||6,000 Balthazar||Core||25||50||100||175|
|Fort Aspenwood||500||5,000 Kurzick and Luxon||Factions||15||30||60||105|
|Guild Versus Guild||1,500||9,000 Balthazar||Core||50||100||200||350|
|Heroes' Ascent||1,500||9,000 Balthazar||Core||50||100||200||350|
|Jade Quarry||500||5,000 Kurzick and Luxon||Factions||15||30||60||105|
|Random Arena||500||3,000 Balthazar||Core||15||30||60||105|
- The different objectives in all quests can be fulfilled separately and in any frame of time. That means, for example:
- You can fulfill Zaishen Mission Quests' bonus objectives by completing Mission Bonus objectives in Normal mode, and just the mission without bonus objectives in Hard Mode
- You can fulfill Zaishen Combat Quests' bonus objectives in as much time as you need, for example, one victory per day
- You cannot take a quest if you already have that quest, and it will no longer become available again if you already had the same quest from an earlier date (except Combat Quests)
- The Zaishen Combat Quests are repeatable, but note that as with many repeatable quests, you will have to leave and re-enter the area in order to get the quest again
- Each character is limited to 3 active quests per challenge type.
- Weekend bonus events, such as the Eye of the North double reputation bonus, will give the bonus for applicable Zaishen Missions.
- The Zaishen Missions are on a 68 day cycle. The Zaishen Bounties are on a 66 day cycle. The Zaishen Combats are on a 28 day cycle.
- For predictions on upcoming quests, see this subpage.