|Campaigns|| Prophecies |
A size comparison with G.O.X.
Meet M.O.X. the golem, the brainchild of a maverick Asuran inventor named Zinn. As an Asura with an entrepreneurial spirit, Zinn manufactured many golems for all sorts of clients, with little regard for their intended use—until one day when three of his golem creations turned on him. While being forced to augment these sinister creations against his will, Zinn also managed to develop his assistant M.O.X. to aid in his escape from their underground prison. M.O.X. now wanders the land in search of heroes that can help put an end to the three renegade creations and free his creator Zinn.
M.O.X. the Golem hero is available within the Guild Wars universe, an Asuran construct, quoted as "...the ultimate in magic, mechanized party protection."
M.O.X. can be recruited by any Level 10 character on an account that includes each of the three major campaigns (Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall). Characters must also have a free inventory slot (for receiving their customized copy of the Golem User Manual).
To recruit M.O.X., speak to it outside of any port:
- Tyria: North Kryta Province, from the northwestern exit of Lion's Arch.
- Cantha: Bukdek Byway, from the southeastern exit of Kaineng Center.
- Elona: Plains of Jarin, from the northwestern exit of Kamadan.
- Mystic Sweep
- Victorious Sweep
- Chilling Victory
- Heart of Holy Flame
- Faithful Intervention
- Resurrection Signet
M.O.X. uses armor with the same statistics as basic dervish armor. M.O.X.'s "armor" consists of a Golem Head, Golem Body, Golem Arms, Golem Legs and Golem Stompers. Unlike other heroes, M.O.X. has no alternate armor sets; it can be added to the Hall of Monuments immediately after recruitment.
M.O.X. will change its appearance when using any of the Dervish forms:
Before acquiring M.O.X. as a hero, and if your character is level 10 or above:
- "*YOU ARE THE ONE*"
Before acquiring M.O.X. as a hero, and if your character is below level 10:
- "*DOES NOT MEET SPEC-I-FIED PAR-AM-E-TERS*"
Trial of Zinn, before the trial:
- "IF IT DOES NOT COM-PUTE, YOU MUST AC-QUIT!"
After the trial:
- "END OF LINE."
If M.O.X. isn't unlocked:
- "FOR YOUR CON-VEN-IENCE, I AM MON-I-TOR-ED TO RE-SPOND TO THE NAME M.O.X.!"
 Battle quotes
- "*AC-TIV-ATE AS-SAULT MODE*"
- "*DANG-ER! DANG-ER! DANG-ER*"
- "*EX-TER-MI-NATE, E-LI-MI-NATE, DES-TROY*"
- "*HE-ROES NEV-ER DIE, M.O.X. CAN NEV-ER BE CON-QUERED*"
- "*I AM NOW AU-THOR-IZED TO USE PHYS-I-CAL FORCE*"
- "*I HAVE A MIL-LION I-DE-AS, BUT THEY ALL POINT TO CER-TAIN DEATH*"
- "*I THINK IT WOULD BE BET-TER NOT TO DIE, DO NOT YOU*"
- "*I THINK THERE-FORE I AT-TACK!*"
- "*I FIGHT FOR MY US-ER!*"
- "*IM-MO-LA-TION IS THE SIN-CERE-EST FORM OF FLAT-TER-Y*"
- "*IF YOU PRICK ME, DO I NOT ... LEAK*"
- "*PEACE MEANS HAV-ING A BIG-GER GOL-EM THAN THE OTH-ER GUY*"
- "*RE-SIST-ENCE ... IS FU-TILE!*"
- "*TAKE ME TO YOUR LEAD-ER, SO I CAN DE-STROY IT*"
- "*TAR-GET AC-QUIRED*"
- "*THIS CON-VER-SA-TION SERVES NO PUR-POSE AN-Y-MORE, GOOD-BYE*"
- "*WARN-ING, WARN-ING, DANG-ER*"
 Idle quotes
- "*AC-TI-VAT-ING POW-ER SAVE MODE*"
- "*BY YOUR COM-MAND*"
- "*I AM WAI-TING FOR OR-DERS*"
- "*RUN-NING LEV-EL FIVE SELF DI-AG-NOS-TIC*"
 Quotes during snowball fight
- "*TAR-GET AC-QUIRED. COM-MEN-CING BOMB-ARD-MENT.*"
- "*ER-ROR: FUN DE-TECT-ED.*"
- A duplicate M.O.X. will show up as a "Dervish Construct".
- Unlike other Golems, M.O.X. is fleshy and susceptible to all conditions and environmental effects that affect humans, but does not spread disease to or from human characters.
- In combat, any weapon M.O.X. is wielding does not appear on its model due to the attacking animation used by Golems.
- Item Spells are not displayed being 'held' by M.O.X. although you do see the Urn fall from M.O.X.'s model when it is dropped.
- When you talk to M.O.X. for the first time after becoming level ten, it will give you a Golem User Manual, which can be used by players to gain access to the quest Zinn's Task.
- M.O.X. is the only hero that can be added to the Hall of Monuments without an armor upgrade (perhaps because it lacks armor upgrades).
- M.O.X.'s default weapon is a customized max damage blue 9 req Clockwork Scythe of Fortitude with Damage +10% (while Enchanted) and Health +20. Scythe Grip of Fortitude can be salvaged from it.
- You cannot use trial keys to unlock M.O.X.; your account must contain the full release versions of all three campaigns (which you may obtain through any method, e.g. individual purchases, NCSoft store, or special editions).
- M.O.X. uses unique models for the five avatar forms; its spirit form at the end of the Underworld is also unique (similar to a recolored dervish djinn).
- Since it is a PvE-only hero, Master of the Isle will not allow entry into Isle of the Nameless (PvP) if M.O.X. is in your party.
- As with most heroes, this one has a tonic form.
- M.O.X. was made available in the September 4, 2008 update.
- M.O.X.'s name is inspired by the short story Moxon's Master.
- There is a miniature M.O.X.
- M.O.X. has a tonic form.
- M.O.X.'s Avatars have a demonic face shaded in the Power Crystal on its torso; the face is most noticeable for the Grenth form and difficult to see for the others.
 Quotation references trivia
Much of M.O.X.'s quotes are references to popular science fiction.
- "Take me to your leader..." is the archetypal first contact greeting of extra-terrestials in fiction.
- "I am now authorized to use physical force" is taken from the ED-209 droid in RoboCop.
- "Peace means having a bigger [stick] than the other guy" is from Iron Man, a common paraphrasing of President Theodore Roosevelt's infamous "Speak softly and carry a big stick."
- "I think therefore I attack" is a play on René Descartes' famous phrase "Cogito ergo sum" (I think, therefore I am).
- "Exterminate, eliminate, destroy" is taken from the Dalek battle cry, "Exterminate, annihilate, destroy" from the 1966 Doctor Who episode, The Power of the Daleks. "I am waiting for orders." is probably a reference to the Dalek quote from the 2005 Doctor Who episode, Dalek. In addition, M.O.X.'s loud, staccato manner of speaking is most likely a reference to the Daleks' manner of speaking.
- "Directive?" is a common phrase in the Pixar movie Wall-E.
- "This conversation serves no purpose anymore. Goodbye" is a quote by HAL from the movie 2001: A Space Odyssey
- "I think it would be better not to die, do not you?" is a quote by Sonny from the movie I, Robot.
- "If you prick me, do I not... leak?" is a quote by Data from Star Trek: TNG, which in turn is a reference to Shylock's line "When you prick us, do we not bleed?" from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice.
- "Resistance is futile" is another archetypal phrase from science fiction. It entered popular language after its repeated use in Star Trek by the Borg.
- "Immolation is the sincerest form of flattery" is a play on the common phrase "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
- "Danger! Danger! Danger!" may be a reference to the Robot's famous quote in the Lost in Space TV series.
- "I have a million ideas. They all point to certain death." is a quote by Marvin the Paranoid Android from Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy.
- "By your command" is a direct quote of the Cylons from the original Battlestar Galactica TV show (circa 1978 and 1980).
- "Heroes never die. [I, Optimus Prime,] can never be conquered." is from Transformers.
- "If it does not compute, you must acquit!" is a reference to the O.J. Simpson murder case
- "I fight for my user!" is similar to a Tron battle cry, "I fight for the Users!"
- The statement "End of line" at the end of the Trial of Zinn refers to the EOL character in computing; the phrase "End of line" was used by the Master Control Program in the movie Tron to indicate that it had finished speaking.