|Campaign||Eye of the North|
Grothmar Wardowns is an area of open wilderness on the lower slopes of the Far Shiverpeaks with a densly forested central part. In the east it borders on the lake which the Elder Dragon Kralkatorrik, which appears as an island, rests in, and on the shores of the lake the Charr have built a fortified camp.
- Captain Langmar
These quests will affect the spawns in this area:
- 5 (23) Rabbit
- 20 Ascalon Vanguard (Dead)
- 20 Cain Sentor (Collector of Fibrous Mandragor Roots)
- 20 Captain Langmar (after the Missing Vanguard)
- 20 Vael
- 1 (20) Vanguard Helmet
- 20 (26) Charr Bladestorm
- 20 (26) Charr Blademaster
- 20 (26) Charr Axemaster
- 20 (26) Charr Seeker
- 20 (26) Charr Mender
- 20 (26) Charr Prophet
- 20 (26) Charr Hexreaper
- 20 (26) Charr Dominator
- 20 (26) Charr Flameshielder
- 20 (26) Charr Wardkeeper
- 20 (26) Charr Avenger
- 20 (20) Siege Devourer (Directly east of Longeye's Ledge, just across the river in the far north of the zone.)
- 24 (26) Mandragor Dust Devil
- 24 (26) Mandragor Smoke Devil
- 24 (26) Vile Mandragor
- 24 (26) Mandragor Shadowfang
- 24 (30) Docu Kindleshot → Barrage (stops spawning after a certain point)
- 24 (30) Chaelse Flameshielder → Life Sheath (Chaelse's Staff) (does not spawn between the completion of Against the Charr and the completion of The Dawn of Rebellion, or between completion of Be Very, Very Quiet... and the completion of Plan A)
First meeting with Vael
- A whisper on the wind: "Hero...I know you..."
- A rustle in the bushes: "Your deeds are known to me..."
- A fleeting shadow: "Your troubles...my own..."
- Vael: "Time has come for me to leave the shadows...and make myself known to you..."
Sergeant Weststar's group
- Sergeant Weststar: "At attention, troops! Intelligence reports that Rake Blazeclaw, one of the Charr's leaders, has been sighted fleeing to the southeast and attempting to rally Charr forces there."
- Sergeant Weststar: "This is our opportunity to strike. Removing Blazeclaw from the equation presents us with one less formidable foe, while sowing further confusion within the Charr's ranks."
- Sergeant Weststar: "Chance, you will be on point for this mission. We will be counting on your blade to see us through when we catch up with Balzeclaw."
- Chance Redding: "I already have the perfect plan: find the Charr, and then stab him!"
- Sergeant Weststar: "Chance, the gods favor some with brains and brawn. You are not one of those so blessed. Planning will be handled by our tactical officer, Jenn Valefield."
- Sergeant Weststar: "Undoubtedly, this will be no simple pursuit. The Charr will have traps waiting for us. Another reason to have Jenn in the company: she's...heh heh...disarmingly adept at disabling traps."
- Jenn Valefield: "That's still funny, sir."
- Sergeant Weststar: "Lastly, on rear guard, we have...Brent Poltroon. He is here because I have no other men at my disposal."
- Brave Brent Poltroon: "How many times do I gotta tell you, it's BRAVE Brent Poltroon. I mean, ready to guard your rear, sir!"
- Sergeant Weststar: "Yes. Well. Be that as it may, please try not to abandon our unit and run away this time."
- Brave Brent Poltroon: "The rearguard is the most dangerous task! They always take out the guy in the back first! You said that's why you put me there!"
- Sergeant Weststar: "I said no such thing. Everyone, make yourselves ready. This will be our last chance to gather what supplies we can before setting off in pursuit. Move out!"
*The group leaves for Longeye's Ledge.*
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on The Wardowns.|
- The first time you appear with Rebel Yell activated, Weststar's squad will appear once, talk for a bit, and then leave for the outpost. Wait for them to finish so that you can do the Vanguard-side skill quests later.
- The Black Wolves in this area cannot be attacked.
- Vanquisher runs of this area without active quests require defeating around 217 foes. Including quest influences, it has been reported to range from 189 to 240 foes.
- Chaelse Flameshielder, the boss in the Charr camp, can be hard to kill due to multiple healers or simply due to the amount of resurrect skills. Bring the appropriate skills to interrupt or counter resurrection if your party does not have sufficient fire power. You can use the cliff to provide some protection and hold aggro.
- Only Charr Dominators, Charr Avengers, Charr Blademasters, and Charr Axemasters can resurrect; the monks (Charr Menders, Charr Prophets, and Chaelse Flameshielder) cannot.
- As with any area in the Charr Homelands, if at least two player characters are in the party, several Siege Devourers can be mounted which can make vanquishing much easier.
|Explorable areas in the Charr Homelands|
|Dalada Uplands • Grothmar Wardowns • Polymock Crossing • Sacnoth Valley|
|Towns and outposts • Missions • Landmarks|