Sunspear rank title track
Tier Title Promotion points 1 Sunspear Sergeant (1) 50 2 Sunspear Master Sergeant (2) 100 3 Second Spear (3) 175 4 First Spear (4) 300 5 Sunspear Captain (5) 500 6 Sunspear Commander (6) 1,000 7 Sunspear General (7) 2,500 8 Sunspear Castellan (8) 7,500 9 Spearmarshal (9) 15,000 10 Legendary Spearmarshal (10) 50,000
- One hero skill point is awarded for attaining each of the first two ranks and two points for each of the other ranks, for a total of 18 points per character.
- You can learn PvE-only Sunspear skills after reaching rank 1 (Sunspear Sergeant)
Sunspear points can be earned by:
- Completing quests that award Sunspear points.
- By killing specific creature types while under the effects of a bounty (the amount depends on the region and whether it's Normal or Hard mode).
- Turning in Normal or Hard mode copies of the Night Falls storybook to Captain Ahkenchu, with at least 9 pages filled.
- Turning in copies of the Young Heroes of Tyria storybook to Captain Ahkenchu, with at least 6 pages filled.
- Missions from Chahbek Village to Dasha Vestibule award Sunspear promotion points for each level of completion in both Normal and Hard modes.
- Defeating Corsair Guild Lords in the Dajkah Inlet Challenge Mission awards 50 Sunspear points each.
- Successfully vanquishing explorable areas in Istan or Kourna.
- Getting master reward in all missions in Normal mode grants: 585 Sunspear points and 855 Lightbringer points.
- Getting master reward in all missions in Hard mode grants: 2,340 Sunspear points and 2,025 Lightbringer points.
Locations one can farm Sunspear points:
- Arkjok Ward can be a good place to get Sunspear points early on in Kourna.
- Holdings of Chokhin is a very efficient run in Hard mode because of two plant bosses.
- The Desolation
- Vanquishing to exploit the synergy between both titles.
This farm should allow players to earn 90 to 140 reputation in 5 minutes and is possible at low combat levels, provided support is taken - either in the form of henchmen or self survival skills). Each run will usually earn 3 Sentient Roots which can be used to obtain a Salvage or Identification Kit from Adhitok and a Belt Pouch via Juvenile Termite Legs traded to Nenah. AoE can decrease the time of a run to 3 minutes.
In Champion's Dawn, obtain the quests Skree Hatchling Season and Diamond in the Rough. These two quests will spawn dozens of harpies in the Cliffs of Dohjok. Obtaining the quest Queen of the Quarry will spawn 3 Sunspear allies outside of Champion's Dawn that will boost your party size. The harpies are located to the west and south-west of Champion's Dawn. Before killing any harpies, you must obtain the Skree Battle bounty from the Sunspear Scout north of the mining quarry. After killing the harpies, map back to Champion's Dawn, abandon the above quests, and repeat the process to gain more Sunspear promotion points.
 Arkjok Ward
(1 run: 96 points, 3 minutes) From Yohlon Haven, exit east into Arkjok Ward and take the Insect Hunt bounty. There are five nearby groups of insects: two groups of 4 to the north and three groups of four to the south. You can get 1,600 points/hour with nearly any combination of heroes and henchmen. At peak efficiency, you can increase that to over 3,100 points per hour. As a bonus, you can easily AFK this farm: grab the bounty and flag the heroes, reflag, pickup loot, and repeat.
From Mihanu Township, exit north into the Holdings of Chokhin and pick up the Plant Hunt bounty. Follow the canyon north until you reach a large open area with a large number of plants running around. Proceed counter-clockwise. Head through the canyon to the west and go in another counter-clockwise circle. Make sure you get Banor Greenbranch, just northwest of the resurrection shrine.
- In Hard mode, expect approximately 976 points in 10 minutes, which is approximately 5850 points/hour.
- This run's efficiency benefits from the presence of two plant bosses.
- Risks and recommendations
- Foes cannot strip enchantments. However, consider avoiding their use when tackling Banor Greenbranch, since that monk boss uses Pensive Guardian.
- Bring hex removal to counter Soothing Images and Crippling Anguish.
- All the groups will layer numerous conditions, including bleeding, blind, cracked armor, and crippled.
- Setikor Fireflower is in the southeast corner of the first open area. That boss' Lightning Surge can hit an unprotected target for 400+ damage.
This is a fairly simple run that gives you about 150 points for each run. Head out from Chantry of secrets and get the bounty. Follow the path southwest across the first bridge, then cut across the field to the second. The run usually takes about 4 minutes. This translates into 2,250 points per hour.
 The Desolation
There are two runs for Sunspear points in this area, both of which are easily done in Hard mode, even with only heroes/henchmen, because the party will be traveling inside Junundu wurms. Movement speed skills can be used to get to the wurms slightly faster.
 From Gate of Desolation
Exit to the north and take the Undead Hunt bounty (point 1 on map). Go northeast to the Wurm Spoor, avoiding the small Djinn patrol (2). Continue to the north into the sulfur and you will find a group of Awakened (3). Past them to the northwest is another group, along with a few elemental pairs (4). Next, go west past the wurm spoor for another group (5), which should put you over the bonus limit of 25 undead creatures killed. Turn back and head south onto the plateau to take on Vahlen the Silent and his group (6). There is a final group of Awakened at (7), but the time required to reach and kill them will decrease the efficiency of this run. This run will get you around 576 points and takes about 7 minutes, which is approximately 4,937 points/hour(with group 7).
 From Remains of Sahlahja
This combines extremely well with Lightbringer points farming in the same area. Head east and get the Undead Hunt bounty (1), then head south to the Wurm Spoor (2). There are two groups of Awakened immediately to the south and west (3 & 4). If a Desert Wurm appears, near the first group, simply ignore it. Head west then south through a canyon, ignoring the Margonites on the cliffs, to find a third group of Awakened (5), with a fourth group just to the east. Continue south almost to the Monolith Temple (again ignoring the Sand Wurm if one appears), where you will encounter the last group (9) which includes the ritualist boss Alem the Unclean. This run this will net you over 570 points and takes about 7 minutes, which is approximately 4,800 points/hour.
When going for the Elonian Vanquisher title, the vanquishing bonus and the Bounties encountered along the way will likely yield enough promotion points to max the Sunspear rank. Rewards and killing speed differ a lot depending on the area and route chosen. On average, it can yield around 2,000-3,000 Sunspear promotion points per hour. Vanquishing is neither the easiest nor the fastest way to farm promotion points, but it offers several benefits:
- You'll make progress towards three titles at the same time: Vanquisher, Sunspear rank and Lightbringer rank. If you plan to get the Vanquisher title, the other two are almost free.
- With a bit of extra work, you can progress the Elonian Cartographer title at the same time.
- Vanquishing is not as repetitive as the other farming methods, you'll only need to vanquish each area once.
- This title track is similar to the Lightbringer rank title track.
- Upon attaining the rank of Sunspear Commander (rank 6), your character can no longer obtain Sunspear bounties in Istan without entering Hard mode.
- Upon attaining the rank of Sunspear Castellan (rank 8), your character can no longer obtain Sunspear bounties offered in Normal mode. You must play in Hard mode to get bounties to earn the last two ranks; however, you are able to obtain Sunspear points in Normal mode as a reward for some quests. Consider waiting until your character is rank 8...
- and for an Elonian Support weekly bonus before turning in secondary quests that award Sunspear promotion points.
- before vanquishing explorable areas in Istan or Kourna.
- The last time you need to earn a Sunspear rank is in the quest "And a Hero Shall Lead Them," where you need to attain the rank Sunspear General (2,500 Promotion Points), this requirement is only for Elonian characters; Tyrian and Canthan characters do not need to acquire this rank to progress the Nightfall campaign. Fortunately, this is easily accomplished, as many areas can yield 1,000 points or more even in Normal mode.
- For all Sunspear title skills except Sunspear Rebirth Signet, which scales linearly with Sunspear rank, Sunspear rank translates to effective attribute rank as follows:
|Effective attribute rank||0||3||6||9||12||15||15||15||15||15||15|
- The earlier missions (up to Dasha Vestibule) did not award Sunspear points until the 13 November 2008 update.
|Core||Cartographer • Drunkard • Guardian • Maxed Titles • Party Animal • Protector • Skill Hunter • Survivor • Sweet Tooth • Vanquisher|
|Prophecies||Legendary Defender of Ascalon|
|Nightfall||Lightbringer • Sunspear|
|Eye of the North||Asura • Deldrimor • Ebon Vanguard • Master of the North • Norn|
|All campaigns||Legendary Cartographer • Legendary Guardian • Legendary Skill Hunter • Legendary Vanquisher|
|Core||Champion • Codex • Gamer • Gladiator • Hero • Lucky • Treasure Hunter • Unlucky • Wisdom • Zaishen|
|Factions||Kurzick • Luxon|