|Victory condition||Kill Count|
|Effect||Spirit of the Festival|
The game format resembles dodgeball as all players, regardless of profession, are equipped with a skillset that allows them to throw a "ball" and run quickly to dodge their opponents' balls. All life and armor is also standardized through the environment effect Spirit of the Festival, and dead players are resurrected at a shrine every 30 seconds. Teams consist of 6 randomly chosen players, and to win a team must accumulate 20 kills before its opponent. In case of a tie, both teams lose.
|Dragon Blast||Imperial Majesty||Trade Winds||Resurrection Signet||Resurrection Signet||Resurrection Signet||Resurrection Signet||Resurrection Signet|
Each team member receives:
- 40 Balthazar faction for unique kills.
- 3 Lunar Tokens during Canthan New Year or 3 Victory Tokens during Anniversary Celebration and Dragon Festival, 50 faction, and 5 Gamer points for each win.
- 50 faction for a flawless victory.
- 50 faction for every five consecutive wins.
- Keep Trade Winds up at all times to maximize dodging ability. Cast it just before encountering opponents and retreat from nearby opponents before the effect wears off. If it isn't possible to retreat far enough to recast, attempt to time activation just after dodging Dragon Blasts.
- Use "click-to-move." Using your mouse to move instead of your keyboard will ensure you run at maximum speed whatever direction you may be running.
- Against players who tend to shoot at maximum range, dodge first before returning fire. Be aware of the position of other enemy players as it is often necessary to dodge multiple times before returning fire. It can be useful to kite your opponents closer to your teammates for aid.
- Watch for players using Imperial Majesty, as they can't control their movement and are therefore easy to kill.
- Against players who are adept at dodging, it is necessary to use Dragon Blast at closer range to minimize flight time of the ball. Once you are at at about half of the max range, use Dragon Blast to make dodging more difficult. It's necessary to close in further for expert dodgers.
- At very close range, use Imperial Majesty to knock down your opponent before he can use Dragon Blast. Another use for this skill is as a delaying mechanism. If you have already used your Dragon Blast, Imperial Majesty could give your teammate the time to make the kill or allow you to make a getaway.
- It is inadvisable to resurrect teammates whose bodies are near opponents. Resurrections occur every 30 seconds anyway and you will be very vulnerable while resurrecting. Once resurrected, your teammate will also be very vulnerable because he will not have Trade Winds on him.
- Hitting the Esc button will cancel skill activation. It is often beneficial to cancel your Dragon Blast or Trade Winds mid-activation and dodge if you observe your target (or his/her teammate) activating a Dragon Blast aimed at you at the same time.
- Keep track of your position in relation to your teammates and attack your opponents from opposite sides when possible. It is much more difficult to dodge attacks coming from two sides than one.
- Go for the easy kill first. Skill level will vary widely among your opponents. If you encounter an adept dodger early, it may be beneficial to disengage from him and focus on another (hopefully easier) target. Once his teammates have been eliminated, you can press your numerical advantage against the highly skilled player.
- Opponents resurrected at the shrine are invulnerable for several seconds. Do not camp too close to the shrine expecting to score an easy kill.
- Pillars and walls obstruct Dragon Blasts, but note that because of rubber-banding and angle of attack it is sometimes hard to judge line of sight. Campers hide behind pillars and use Dragon Blast to kill anyone attempting to kill them while they are obstructed by the pillar.
- Increasing the length of the target's skill monitor and moving it to a more central location on the screen can assist in precision dodging. Increasing the radar size can assist in recognizing threats from multiple directions.
- Don't use Dragon Blast on people activating Trade Winds unless you are at close range.
It is possible to approximate the Dragon Arena in GvG Imperial Isle scrimmages. Both sides play Me/E 105hp fast casters and use:
|Me/E Spirit of the Festival|
|Fast Casting: 11+3+1 |
Inspiration Magic: 6+3
Air Magic: 12
- Note: The skills used continue to evolve. This is only one example of several possible skillbars used.
- PvP Sword or Axe with +5 energy ("I Have the Power!") inscription
- PvP Jeweled Chalice with item attribute +1 ("Master of My Domain") inscription or the -50 hp grim cesta
- Superior Inspiration Magic, Superior Fast Casting, and 3 other superior runes to make your health 105.
- Armor with Radiant Insignia
- Skill infomation
- Lightning Orb approximates Dragon Blast
- Shock approximates Imperial Majesty
- Windborne Speed approximates Trade Winds
- Lyssa's Aura, Waste Not, Want Not, and Air Attunement are used as energy management.
- Since none of the skills are spells, none of the skills are linked to any attribute, none deal conditions and none cost energy; and since players can't attack, and max Health and Energy are fixed, no equipment properties have any effect at all in this arena.
- Sync enters are often organized between players working on the higher tiers of the Gamer title. Defeating these teams with a non-sync team can be difficult and frustrating. However, it also provides one of the few opportunities for completely new players to face off directly against a group of highly experienced and organized players in a setting that can be picked up and understood in a short amount of time.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Dragon Ball.|
- This game is often referred to as "DA" or "dodgeball", but is sometimes referred to as "dragon ball" in a play on words.
- This game was inspired by 1v1 cripshot fights, and was originally conceived by players and played in Guild vs Guild matches. They first used these skills:
|Lightning Orb||Shock||Windborne Speed||Elemental Attunement||Air Attunement||Resurrection Signet|