- This article is about the arena. For the outpost, see Rollerbeetle Racing (outpost).
|Region||The Jade Sea|
|Victory condition||1st to finish|
Rollerbeetle Racing is a free-to-play minigame in which players are transformed into Rollerbeetles and compete against each other using special skills to speed through a race track. The game is only open during Shing Jea Boardwalk events.
Six players compete against each other in a race to the finish line. Each player automatically receives three core skills which become available when the gates open and when they travel through each of the checkpoints. The other five skills can be charged only by hitting a Power Up Box. When a Power Up Box is hit, one of the five skills will randomly be charged. You can only hit the same Power Up Box once.
There are seven checkpoints spread through the racetrack, each of which recharges your three core skills. Take advantage of this by making sure that you use each of the core skills before crossing each checkpoint.
|Rollerbeetle Dash||Harden Shell||Ram||Distracting Lunge||Spit Rocks||Rollerbeetle Echo||Rollerbeetle Blast||Super Rollerbeetle|
- Hills and slow inclines reduce your speed to a crawl (about 10%)
- Water reduces speed by 50%
|Order||Gamer points||Racing Medals||Balthazar faction|
|First place||10||10||50 for victory |
50 for a flawless victory
50 for five consecutive wins
|Fifth and sixth place||1||1|
After the first player crosses the finish line, the remaining players have 30 seconds to finish the race to receive a reward. The race awards Gamer points, Balthazar faction, and Racing Medals.
First place is always awarded a victory and flawless victory. The Balthazar faction is awarded after the race is over (which is met by one of three conditions: [a] 30 seconds after the first player crosses the finish line, [b] all players have crossed the finish line, or [c] the remaining players that have not crossed the finish line leave the race via Log Out, map travel or resign). If the player awarded first place leaves before the race is over, the player awarded second place becomes first place and is awarded the Balthazar faction (but not the first place Gamer points and Racing Medals, since those are awarded once the player crosses the finish line) after the race is over. The player awarded first place will automatically remain in Rollerbeetle Racing and wait on the countdown timer to enter another race with an opportunity at five consecutive wins, while the other players will be sent back to the Rollerbeetle Racing outpost.
- Players start out with 600,000 points and lose 1,000 for each second that has elapsed.
- If your score drops to 0 (i.e. by taking more than 10 minutes to finish), you will be ejected (regardless of your placement in the race).
- Sync enters are sometimes organized between players who wish only to grab the fastest times and not impede others.
- Rubber-banding is a common issue in Rollerbeetle Racing.
- You cannot mouse-click move while you are under the effects of Rollerbeetle Racer.
- Some players choose not to use any of the attacks skills (4,5,7 in skill bar) and use Ram only at keypoints in order to try to set a speed record.
- Introduced in Canthan New Year 2007.
- The gameplay is similar to that of the Mario Kart Nintendo video game series.
- Prior to Canthan New Year 2013:
- Lunar Tokens (during Canthan New Year) or Victory Tokens (during Anniversary Celebration and Dragon Festival) were awarded instead of Racing Medals.
- The number of Gamer points awarded was less.
- During Canthan New Year, the 100 accounts with the fastest race times would receive a Miniature Greased Lightning at the end of the event.
Order Gamer points and Lunar/Victory Tokens First place 7 Second place 5 Third place 3 Fourth place 2 Fifth and sixth place 1 Event Reward Fastest 100 accounts Anniversary Celebration Victory Tokens Canthan New Year Lunar Tokens Miniature Greased Lightning Dragon Festival Victory Tokens