From Guild Wars Wiki
The Merchant is an NPC summoned using a Mercantile Summoning Stone who offers to buy and sell items just like a merchant. However, he will follow at a greater distance than most allies do and will defend himself if attacked.
17 Tactics at level 20
- Provides the same services as a merchant.
- Has self-healing skills.
- Can interrupt multiple foes with Distracting Blow.
- Has an IMS skill.
- Energy heavy build.
- Lacking in both offensive and defensive abilities.
- Lacks an elite skill.
- Has only 6 skills.
- "Select an item from my list below, then click "Buy.""
- "Select an item from your inventory below, then click "Sell.""
- "Bring me your woes some other time, friend."
- "Duty calls."
- "Fight now. Talk later."
- "Fight, damn it!"
- "Help. A little help here."
- "If you haven't noticed, I'm busy at the moment."
- "Let's give 'em a whooping!"
- "Not now!"
- "Now is not the time for idle chatter!"
- "Spill the blood of our foes!"
- "Stop wagging your tongue and start whooping some butt!"
- "Tell me later. Right now I have enemies to slaughter."
- "The fight rages. This battle is not yet won."
- "The time for jabbering over a pint will come later."
- "To arms! To arms!"
- "We will reminisce after this battle is won."
- "Your words fall on deaf ears. For now I fight."
|Vial of Dye [Gray]||50|
|Expert Salvage Kit||400|
|Superior Salvage Kit||2|
|Superior Identification Kit||500|
|Rune of Holding||500|
|Small Equipment Pack||2 500|
|Scroll of Adventurer's Insight||200|
|Scroll of Rampager's Insight||250|
|Scroll of Hunter's Insight||300|
- The level of the summons will be the same as the summoner's actual level (it will not be increased by Journey to the North or Sunspear Battle Call).
- His weapon is considered to be a sword.
- Though he appears human, Disease does not spread between him and the rest of the (human) party members.
- When the person he is following stops moving, he may stop at the same location, appearing to be "inside" the person.
- Merchants can cross the Desolation without using a Junundu.
- This summon dies with a Shield of Deflection animation if it lasts its full duration.
- Initially upon release of the Mercantile Summoning Stone (and unlike other allies from summoning stones), the merchant could wander very far from its summoner when not in combat. This behaviour has led to a Portal jump method, using Recall on the summoned ally and waiting until it goes far enough beyond a portal to cancel the enchantment.