The Skill Hunter title track is a character-based, campaign-specific title earned by acquiring all elite skills found in that campaign. The Legendary Skill Hunter title track is completed by completing all the Skill Hunter title tracks. These titles can be displayed in the "Honor" monument.
Skill Hunter title track
Title1 Campaign Elite skills2 Tyrian Elite Skill Hunter Prophecies 90 Canthan Elite Skill Hunter Factions 120 Elonian Elite Skill Hunter Nightfall 140
- 1 Each of the title tracks in the rows above are separate titles.
- 2 There are 30 core elite skills which will count towards all three title tracks when captured.
Legendary Skill Hunter title track
Title Total maxed skill hunter Legendary Skill Hunter 3
Simply acquiring an elite skill will contribute to the appropriate title track. Prior to the Nightfall campaign and later, the hard mode update, the only way to acquire an elite skill was to capture it using a Signet of Capture. The introduction of Elite skill tomes now allows characters to acquire elite skills that have already been unlocked.
- You need to capture 290 elite skills to gain the title (there are another three PvE-only elites that do not count for the title).
- Campaign-specific elites count towards that continent's title only:
- Prophecies-only: 60 (Tyria)
- Factions-only: 90 (Cantha)
- Nightfall-only: 110 (Elona)
- To learn the required secondary professions, you must have Ascended, become Weh no Su, or have completed the quest Hunted!.
- You can save time capturing skills during quests, while vanquishing, or pursuing the Cartographer title.
- Capturing all 290 elites to max this title will cost around 290 and 290 skill points.
- You can save 13 900 if you do not purchase any skill other than Signet of Capture from trainers, thus making use of the skill cost scaling.
- You can obtain up to 2 Signets of Capture via the appropriate skill quest.
- Using elite skill tomes instead will add to the cost: they can be acquired from other players via trade or can be crafted by Jessie Llam for 1 and 100. However, you can obtain elite tomes with some chance in hard mode from bosses for free or from locked chests for a lockpick price (1 500 at most).
- The cost of learning eight new professions (in addition to the primary and first secondary, which is acquired for free) is 4, this can be reduced by taking the relevant profession-changing quests in Prophecies.
- If the character working on this title has spent all earned skill points, you may use the Star of Transference crafted by another character (or obtained as a reward).
- Before the hard mode update, there was only one Skill Hunter title track, progressing from Skill Hunter → Adept Skill Hunter → Advanced Skill Hunter → Expert Skill Hunter → Elite Skill Hunter → Master Skill Hunter. Master Skill Hunter was never achievable as there was an insufficient amount of elite skills in the game at that time.
- Lightbringer Signet was considered an elite until the August 7, 2008 update. Until it was fixed in the July 14, 2011 update, players who achieved the Elonian Skill Hunter used to show 141/140 elites captured on the Elonian Skill Hunter title track.
- User:Wynthyst/Template/Elite Skills - For a checklist of all elite skills.
|Core||Cartographer • Drunkard • Guardian • Maxed Titles • Party Animal • Protector • Skill Hunter • Survivor • Sweet Tooth • Vanquisher|
|Prophecies||Legendary Defender of Ascalon|
|Nightfall||Lightbringer • Sunspear|
|Eye of the North||Asura • Deldrimor • Ebon Vanguard • Master of the North • Norn|
|All campaigns||Legendary Cartographer • Legendary Guardian • Legendary Skill Hunter • Legendary Vanquisher|
|Core||Champion • Codex • Gamer • Gladiator • Hero • Lucky • Treasure Hunter • Unlucky • Wisdom • Zaishen|
|Factions||Kurzick • Luxon|