User:Alexis Toran/Phileas Maindeglace
Phileas Maindeglace (born 1046 AE) is an Ascalonian warrior. He isn't as thoughtful as most of his companions, but he is more intelligent than this makes him appear. He is the older brother of Carla Maindeglace, who disappeared in 1066 AE.
Phileas was the son of a glover who lived on the east side of Ascalon. When he was sixteen, his father suffered an accident which left him unable to work. Just as the family was getting desperate, the owner of the lands they lived on, Lord Breyick, heard of their predicament and offered to hire Phileas as a stablehand with an unusually generous salary. Lord Breyick's kindness earned complete loyalty from Phileas, and within five years Phileas had become Lord Breyick's gamekeeper because of his dedication. Later, he caught Alexis Toran poaching moas on Lord Breyick's land. He at first mistook Alexis for a Krytan because of the long coat he wore, which during the Guild War was a dangerous mistake, but the two later became good friends after Alexis agreed to find other ways to feed himself.
Lord Breyick had been allowing Phileas to study combat under Captain Devona and elemental magic at the Wizard's Folly tower, and in 1070 AE he was sought by Sir Tydus for the Ascalon Vanguard. After encountering Vatlaaw Doomtooth near Ashford, he and Lord Breyick both joined the Vanguard, and together with Prince Rurik hunted down the Charr infiltrator.
Phileas survived the Searing and continued to follow Lord Breyick, first over the Shiverpeaks during the Ascalonian migration, all over Tyria during the Flameseeker Prophecies, and then to Cantha to fight Shiro Tagachi. In 1075 AE, Phileas again followed Lord Breyick, this time to Elona to prevent Nightfall. There, Phileas was reunited with his sister, and found a deep admiration for the Sunspear general Keima Kirisu. Their relationship developed further three years later when they met again in the north to fight the Destroyers, to the point that he followed her instead of Lord Breyick, and took on a romantic element.
- Cruel Chaos Axe of Fortitude, Inscription: "Too Much Information"; dyed blue/purple (to appear orange)
- Deldrimor Tactics Shield
- Knight's Elite Templar Helm of Minor Tactics (+1 Strength); dyed yellow
- Survivor Elite Templar Cuirass of Minor Vigor; dyed yellow
- Brawler's Elite Templar Gauntlets of Major Axe Mastery; dyed yellow
- Survivor Elite Templar Leggings of Superior Absorption; dyed yellow
- Stalwart Elite Templar Boots of Minor Strength; dyed yellow
- Preferred title: Drunkard
- Defy Pain (elite)
- Shield Stance
- "For Great Justice!"
- Executioner's Strike
- Axe Twist
- Lightning Touch
- Healing Signet
|Eye of the North|
War in Kryta: Not started
Winds of Change: Not started
- Hard mode: Not started
- Towns and outposts
- "Oh, hello. You want to know about me? There's not much to say. I used to work for milord Breyick, now I look after him. I could come and help you, though. We're not busy."
- Droknar's Forge (explorable area)
- "That was overwhelming. I'm still trying to figure out what just happened."
- Kaineng City towns and outposts
- "This is Cantha? It's...big. I don't think I've ever seen anywhere more crowded."
- Echovald Forest towns and outposts
- "I don't much like this place. It's dark, and a bit spooky. I shouldn't let the Kurzicks hear me say that, though."
- Divine Path
- "We did it! I was really worried for a while there."
- Towns and outposts
- "There's a sixth god? I'd never have guessed!
- Did you need help with something?"
- Throne of Secrets
- "We... we killed a god... I just can't believe it!"
Eye of the North
- Doomlore Shrine
- "Working with Charr makes me nervous."
- Central Transfer Chamber
- "We've always made it through before. We can do it again."
- "I guess it could have been worse, for me anyway. Ogden fixed me up pretty well. It hardly hurts any more. He said it was too late to give me the hand back, though..."
- "I want Ascalon back."
- "Let's get on with it... I just want to get back to Ascalon City for a pint of Hunter's Ale."
- "What are we fighting for?"
- Northern Shiverpeaks
- "I'm glad I'm wearing all this Charr hide."
- "I used to like dwarves, but now I'm not so sure. It's like half of them went mad."
- "I wouldn't mind some Dwarven Ale..."
- "I'm glad we've got a decent home again, even if it's not entirely safe yet."
- "It's so pretty here. It's not as nice as Ascalon was, but I'm glad we came."
- "So what are we going to do about these White Mantle guys?"
- Maguuma Jungle
- "I'm getting really confused, but I trust milord Breyick to know what he's doing."
- "Let me catch my breath. I don't want to fall behind and get lost in this jungle."
- "Wearing plate metal in the jungle was probably the worst thing I could have done."
- Crystal Desert
- "I take it back. Wearing plate metal in the desert is much worse."
- "That Ghostly Hero looks formidable. I wonder if ghosts can arm-wrestle."
- "What is Ascension anyway? It feels like a waste of time to me."
- Southern Shiverpeaks
- "I feel so powerful. Bring on the Mursaat!"
- "So the Stone Summit are here? Good. I have a few things I want to say to Dagnar, and I'm letting my axe do the talking."
- "We should help Deldrimor. They don't seem to be doing well."
- Ring of Fire
- "Maybe it's not very comforting around here, but I've got your back."
- "Oh boy. Things got really dangerous, really quickly."
- "What are all these Mursaat structures made of, anyway? It's like some kind of weird, black glass."
- Kaineng City
- "These Canthans have strange customs. I've never heard of ancestor worship before."
- "This is the most confusing city I've ever seen."
- "What are we going to do about this plague? I'm used to fighting more... um, substantial things.
- Echovald Forest
- "I'll let you do the talking, if you don't mind. I'm not used to diplomacy."
- "Shiro must have been very powerful to turn a whole forest to stone."
- "What was that? Oh, just some kind of...bat...thing."
- "By the gods...my sister's here! She disappeared nine years ago, before the Searing. How did she end up here?"
- "I wish I could have rescued Kormir at Gandara...but milord Breyick needed help too!"
- "I'll never get used to war."
- "Do people think I'm just a big, dumb bodyguard like Goren? I hope not..."
- "I'm so nervous. I don't think we have much time to sort things out over here."
- "I wouldn't want to work for Prince Bokka. Maybe Prince Ahmtur..."
- The Desolation
- "If that Joko makes one wrong move I'm gonna lop his head off. Just watch me."
- "I saw a big cauldron earlier that looked just like one of the Charr temples. Weird."
- "This place reminds me of those rotten devourer eggs I once stepped on back in Ashford."
- Realm of Torment
- "Kormir probably knows her way around here. I think we should follow her."
- "So it's the end of the world...again."
- "This place is giving me such a headache. Is this what it feels like to go mad?"
Eye of the North
- Far Shiverpeaks
- "Catch me later, I'll buy you an ale."
- "It's nice to finally see some fellow Ascalonians again."
- "Man, it's cold out here. Better not lick my armour, hah."
- Charr Homelands
- "At first I wasn't sure about leaving milord Breyick, but I'm prepared to follow Spearmarshal Keima to the end of the world. In fact, I already did once."
- "I wonder how milord Breyick is doing...I hope he'll be all right without me."
- "If we ever beat the Charr, maybe we should make our home up here. It's almost exactly like Ascalon was before the Searing."
- "Face me like a...whatever you are!"
- "Get behind me. No, not you!"
- "Here's one Devona showed me."
- "Hey! Over here!"
- "I bet I could find eighty ways to beat you."
- "I'm gonna need a drink when we get out of here."
- "I've fought Plague Worms scarier than you!"
- "Pick on someone your own size!"
- "That was close."
- "Who's next?"
- Phileas is named after Phileas Fogg, the protagonist of the Jules Verne novel Around the World in Eighty Days.
|Alexis Toran's characters|
|Phileas Maindeglace Alexis Toran Lyra Azzurri Lord Breyick Su Teirami Tsuke Atari Carla Maindeglace Keima Kirisu|