Eye of the North
Born in: Arborstone
Danika zu Heltzer dwells with the rest of her family in the fortress-like Cathedral zu Heltzer, a monument to Saint Viktor (one of the two champions who slew Shiro Tagachi on the day of the Jade Wind). Like her father Count Petrov zu Heltzer, leader of the great Kurzick House that bears their last name, Danika is proud to name the venerable Viktor as an ancestor. Unlike her father, Danika is much more open-minded toward non-Kurzicks and the other Kurzick Houses. This is probably attributable to her avid reading habits. To overcome the extreme boredom of what she considers her “imprisonment” in the cathedral, she has voraciously devoured the contents of countless tomes in the zu Heltzer family library, especially those that speak of other lands and other peoples.
Danika has never been more frustrated with the Kurzicks’ isolationist policies, which she believes can only lead to the further decline of her people, and indeed her world. She is eager to venture into the world outside Echovald Forest, and find new allies for all the Kurzicks. Like Argo, her sense of justice is strong, and she would be among the first of the Kurzicks to set aside factional differences should a greater threat arise. She has even had some contact, against her father’s strict orders, with House Vasburg, the longtime rivals of House zu Heltzer.
- Kaineng City
- Echovald Forest
- The Jade Sea
- Eye of the North
- Divine Intervention
- Healing Breeze
- Healing Burst (elite)
- Heaven's Delight
- Orison of Healing
- Remove Hex
- Resurrection Chant
- Signet of Rejuvenation
- Healing Breeze
- Healing Touch
- Orison of Healing
- Purge Signet
- Word of Healing (elite)
- Blood of zu Heltzer (monster skill) (Arborstone only)
- Eye of the North
- Decent party-wide healing.
- Can remove hexes.
- Signet of Rejuvenation is an effective zero-energy heal.
- Resurrection Chant usually resurrects allies with more Health than Flesh of My Flesh or Rebirth.
- No condition removal.
- No active energy management.
- Healing Breeze is not energy efficient or used effectively by the AI.
- Resurrection Chant is a half-range spell and she sometimes wades into the middle of the battle to use it.
- "I am no longer content to remain in the protective confines of my society. My people think to keep evil at bay by reading signs and portents, performing rituals, and blindly following the words of the Redemptors...but we are no safer from evil than our neighbors, and we are doing nothing to help. I simply can't sit still any longer."
- Before retrieving the Urn of Saint Viktor:
- "Now, remember...this place is sacrosanct to my family. It's been heavily guarded, and not even I know every ward and protection that's been put into place. But don't worry; our defenses would NEVER harm a zu Heltzer. As long as you're with me, you'll be safe."
- After retrieving the Urn of Saint Viktor:
- "I don't understand. This wasn't supposed to happen! Not while someone from House zu Heltzer was here. It must be an omen....
- The cathedral has sealed itself and its guardians have been awakened. They've been enchanted to attack intruders, and they won't rest until we're as dead as the bodies entombed here. I don't know how to turn them off.... Our only hope is to make our way to the main entrance so that I can perform the necessary spell and open the gate.
Echovald Forest towns and outposts:
- "If I cannot protect my people, who will? I will not sit in these great towers of stone and beauty while the world crumbles around itself. I am with you, until the end of all things. Can I help you with anything?"
Raisu Palace mission:
- "All my life I have watched from the high towers and safe halls of my family's holdings as events unfolded in the outside world. We Kurzicks were too caught up in endless prayers and deliberation to take any action. In so doing, we let our honor fade away. Today, I am here to regain our honor and the pride of our ancestors."
- "I am indebted to you for everything you have done for me, <character name>. I only hope that we can use the lessons learned in all of this to forge a lasting peace with the Luxons."
- "Brutus and Sheena have been with me since birth. They aren't ordinary Rot Wallows."
- "I remember watching my brothers train for the dark dance with the Luxons, seeing them in action was like witnessing a divine work of art."
- "These forests are petrified, not those who dwell within them."
- "Death dare not sing its song while I am here."
- "House zu Heltzer!"
- "Saint Viktor guides me!"
- "Saints be true."
- "The gods are with us."
- "The light passes from me into you."
- "We will see the end of this."
- "You will not die today."
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki has an article on Danika.|
- She wields a Holy Staff.
- Her henchmen skill set was changed in the October 22, 2009 update.
- Danika is a name of a female monk in the "The Cleric Quintet" Saga written by R. A. Salvatore.
- The voice actor for this character is Mona Marshall.
- Danika uses female Elementalist emotes instead of monk ones.
|Devona • Lukas • Seaguard Eli • Talon Silverwing Aidan • Aurora • Daeman • Yuun • Zho Danika • Jamei • Redemptor Karl • Seaguard Gita • Sister Tai • Taya Brutus • Eve • Sheena • Su Erys Vasburg • Lo Sha • Seaguard Hala Argo • Cynn • Headmaster Vhang • Kai Ying • Kisai Emi • Mai • Nika • Panaku Aeson • Chiyo • Professor Gai|