Ninth Year Anniversary Celebration
The party is on for the anniversary of Guild Wars! Starting April 22nd at Noon Pacific (-7 GMT), we open Shing Jea Boardwalk, Dragon Arena, and the Rollerbeetle Races. In addition, Birthday Cupcakes and many other special items will drop all throughout this event. For more information, visit http://www.guildwars.com/.
Guild Wars is another year older and the party just won't stop! Strap on your party hats, unpack your fireworks, and get ready to celebrate!
The Anniversary Celebration is a special event that occurs annually from April 22, 19:00 UTC, (source) to May 6, 19:00 UTC, (source 1, 2) which commemorates the original release of Guild Wars on April 28, 2005.
- The Shing Jea Boardwalk is open.
- Complete cooperative missions to receive Proofs of Legend.
- Ceira, Sworn to Fire offers to unlock the Hound of Balthazar.
- A fifteen-minute fireworks display occurs at the beginning of every hour (UTC) in Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion's Arch, Shing Jea Monastery and Kamadan, Jewel of Istan.
- Kaineng Center and Shing Jea Monastery are decorated.
- The Dragon Arena, and Rollerbeetle Racing are open.
- The Pilgrimage to the Hall of Heroes quest can be acquired from Anzhaer, Hammer of Balthazar.
|Blessing of War||Proof of Legend||Xunlai Anniversary Storage Voucher|
|Alcohol||Hard Apple Cider||Hunter's Ale||Krytan Brandy||Battle Isle Iced Tea1|
|Festive item||Bottle Rocket||Champagne Popper||Sparkler||Party Beacon1|
|Sweet||Birthday Cupcake||Honeycomb||Sugary Blue Drink||Delicious Cake1|
|Reward trophy||Victory Token2|
- 1Can only be dropped from bosses.
- 2Can be exchanged for items from Elite Xunlai Agent Isa Ku, Seiji, Sheng Yi, and Zaishen Supply Masters.
- In Guild versus Guild during this event, the opposing Guild Lord drops 10 Birthday Cupcakes for each player of the winning team when he dies. To prevent exploitation, no rewards are offered if (a) the match ends after 28 minutes without either side killing a Guild Lord or (b) the battle ends in under 5 minutes (e.g. due to one team resigning or zoning).
|Proof of Steel||Decade Zaishen Honor Chest|
Decade Zaishen Tribute Chest
Decade Zaishen War Chest
|Ancient Anniversary Weaponsmith1||Embark Beach||5 Proofs of Legend|
|Anzhaer, Hammer of Balthazar1||Heroes' Ascent||-|
|Elite Xunlai Agent Isa Ku1||Great Temple of Balthazar, Lion's Arch, Shing Jea Monastery, and Kamadan, Jewel of Istan||10 Victory Tokens|
|Sadie Salvitas||Lion's Arch||100|
|Zaishen Acolyte1||Heroes' Ascent||1 Proof of Steel|
- These NPCs continue to appear for one week after the Anniversary Celebration until May 13, 19:00 UTC.
- This event is unique in that all foes can drop multiple event-related items at the same time, not just bosses.
- All of the Anniversary Celebrations prior to the Eighth Year Anniversary Celebration (2013) introduced a new Birthday Present. The Eighth Year Anniversary Celebration introduced the Birthday Present Voucher.
- The Ninth (2014) Year Anniversary Celebration started earlier than expected on April 2, 19:00 UTC (source). From April 2 until the April 17 update, it only featured Elite Xunlai Agent Isa Ku, fireworks displays, Ceira, Sworn to Fire offering to unlock the Hound of Balthazar, and event-related drops. After the April 17 update, all Anniversary Celebration festivities (except Sadie Salvitas) became active. After the April 18 update, Sadie Salvitas began appearing. The event ended as expected on April 29, 19:00 UTC.
- In the Eighth (2013) and Ninth (2014) Year Anniversary Celebrations, the events were scheduled to occur annually from April 22, 19:00, to April 29, 19:00 UTC (source). The April 20, 2015 update increased the duration of the event to two weeks (ending on May 6, 19:00) for the Tenth (2015) Year and future Anniversary Celebrations.
- The April 22, 2015 update introduced several new features to the Anniversary Celebration.
|Canthan New Year||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|April Fools' Day||2007 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Anniversary Celebration||2nd • 3rd • 4th • 5th • 6th • 7th • 8th • 9th-14th • 15th onward|
|Dragon Festival||2006 • 2007 (Redux) • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Wintersday in July||2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Halloween||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 (Redux) • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 onward|
|Wintersday||2005 • 2006 • 2007 • 2008 • 2009 (Redux) • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 onward|
|Other annual events||Breast Cancer Awareness Month • Lucky Treats Week • Pirate Week |
Special Treats Week • Sweet Treats Week • Wayfarer's Reverie
|One-time only events||Day of the Tengu • Farewell to Gaile|