Guide to earning Hall of Monuments rewards
This is a guide to help players organize and achieve their Hall of Monuments goals.
Before even starting to read this guide, you'll want to decide the amount of points you wish to achieve. This will help you pace yourself. Most people will decide on either 30 points, which will unlock every reward item, or 50 points, which will unlock all of the items as well as the bonus titles. Because the achievements span all three campaigns and Eye of the North, any campaign along with Eye of the North can earn 30 points, but all of the campaigns are required to reach 50 points. See below for the total points available with only one campaign. You can continue to add achievements to your Hall of Monuments even after the release of Guild Wars 2.
 About the Hall of Monuments
The Hall of Monuments is located in the Eye of the North expansion. There are 5 monuments in the Hall of Monuments that players can dedicate their achievements to. These achievements give the player points and these points unlock unique items and titles for their Guild Wars 2 account. Both the achievements and unlocked items are account based, so there is no need to worry about individual characters. There are a total of 50 points possible, with the first 30 points rewarding weapons, armor, and vanity items. In addition, unique titles are unlocked at every 5th point (5,10,15...50).
 Acquiring points
 Getting started — 4 points
Make life easier, start by unlocking map travel and heroes. Beat all three campaigns and Eye of the North in normal mode, making sure to get all masters reward and bonuses for each mission (for Protector titles/statues).
Beat them in this order:
- Eye of the North (primary storyline guide)
- Perks: Short, good heroes, opens up your Hall of Monuments via the four Monumental Tapestries
- Nightfall (primary storyline guide)
- Perks: more heroes
- Factions (primary storyline guide)
- Perks: short, unlock locations required for Winds of Change
- Prophecies (primary storyline guide)
 "Fellowship" — Heroes and pets — 8 points
At this point you should have a minimum of 16 out of 26 required heroes. Now you need to:
- Recruit the other 10 heroes. Every hero other than M.O.X. will need Hero armor before they can be added to your Hall of Monuments.
You can buy them all from other players, or farm them yourself from these locations:
- Eye of the North heroes:
- Nightfall heroes:
- Charm or pay to unlock the Black Moa, Imperial Phoenix and Black Widow.
A total of 15 weapons, including one of each type, are required for maximum points. You can also purchase the weapons (or their crafting/collection components) from other players.
- 1-11 Tormented weapons
- 1-11 Oppressor weapons
- Complete the War in Kryta and Hearts of the North, which will earn you 15 Medals of Honor, at least enough War Supplies for 2 more, and an average of 2-3 more from Royal Gifts (totaling enough for 2 weapons usually).
- Medals of Honor are not tradeable, but War Supplies are; 25 supplies convert to 1 medal.
- Farm War Supplies through the Wanted quests. These can be done on all characters that have unlocked Lion's Arch Keep.
- You can collect 255 War Supplies in three weeks by having one character complete each of the quests in Hard mode.
- Alternatively, repeat Rise and/or Auspicious Beginnings 50 times to earn enough for one weapon (which offers the additional benefit of increasing your Ebon Vanguard rank by 62,500 points).
- 1-11 Destroyer weapons
- These are by far the cheapest weapons to craft or to buy from other players.
- Farm the materials needed and craft the weapons in Slavers' Exile.
 "Devotion" — Miniatures — 8 points
Undedicated miniatures can be purchased from other players. The cheapest unded minis are the common (or white) ones from the first three years, although some early purples are cheaper than later-year whites. You could also buy Birthday Presents (from any year but the sixth), but they tend to be significantly more expensive (since they offer a chance of gold or green minis).
- 1 Unique (Green) Mini
- Random drop from Birthday Presents, Gifts of the Traveler, Underworld Chest, Hall of Heroes, Coffer of Whispers.
- Extremely rare drop from White Mantle and Peacekeepers (during War in Kryta).
- Black Moa Chick — a cross campaign scavenger hunt.
- Awarded, to players with the 100 best times for Rollerbeetle Racing.
- 1 Rare (Gold) Mini
- Random drop from Birthday Presents, Royal Gifts, Gifts of the Traveler, Underworld Chest, Zaishen Strongboxes, and Lunar Fortunes.
- Remaining 48 minis
- Cheapest: purchase early-year whites from other players.
- Any of the above methods.
 "Resilience" — Armor — 8 points
Aside from any four prestige armor sets, three specific sets are required, making the seven needed to max out the monument. To cut down on the cash needed, you can farm any required materials. The most costly needed materials will be:
- Globs of Ectoplasm and Obsidian Shards for Obsidian armor
- Jadeite Shards (purchasable with Luxon faction) for Elite Luxon armor or Amber Chunks (purchasable with Kurzick faction) for Elite Kurzick armor
The majority of titles have synergy with one another. Read the Guide to maxing titles for an overview of most PvE titles. Not all titles need to be maxed to display its statue in the Hall of Monuments.
- The Zaishen statue is easier to earn than the others. It takes only 1,000 points (or 200 Zaishen Keys) to get the rank 3 needed to display the statue.
Elite missions also provide a statue upon first completion:
 Quick guide to 30 points
- 3 points — Accounts linked.
- 5 points — Beat all 3 campaigns, getting Protector title in at least two of them.
- 6 points — 1 rare pet (which gives both that statue and the normal pet statue), 8 Heroes including M.O.X.
- 5 points — 1 Tormented, Oppressor, and Destroyer weapon. Plus two more of your choice.
- 3 points — 1 unique and 1 rare miniature.
- 5 points — 5 Prestige armor sets (one must be Elite Luxon, Elite Kurzick, Vabbian or Obsidian armor.) (Head gear not required.)
- 3 points — Your choice of:
- Zaishen title (200 Zaishen Keys for rank 3).
- 15 more titles/elite missions of your choice.
- 10 more weapons — likely cheaper than using Zaishen Keys.
- 28 more miniatures.
Or a more cost effective plan:
 "Cheap" guide to 30 points
Valor is not needed to reach 30 points and can be expensive.
- 3 points — Accounts linked.
- 5 points — Beat all 3 campaigns, getting Protector title in all three of them.
- 6 points — 1 rare pet (which gives both the rare pet statue and the normal pet statue), 8 Heroes including M.O.X.
- 7 points — 40 miniature pets, preferably common (white) as they are usually cheaper, including 1 unique (green) and 1 rare (gold) miniature.
- 5 points — 5 Prestige armor sets (one must be Elite Luxon or Elite Kurzick) (Head gear not required.)
- 3 points — 1 PvP Title: Zaishen Supporter title (200 Zaishen Keys for rank 3) is the easiest and quickest PvP title.
- 1 point — Fortune and Misfortune (require only rank 2) + any other title, e.g. an elite mission (such as Urgoz or The Deep) can be completed quickly and cheaply.
 Limited campaigns
Even without all of the campaigns, it is still possible to acquire all of the item rewards (30 points), and even some of the bonus titles, but never all 50 points. Each campaign contains statues, heroes, and armor sets that are unique to that campaign.
- With Prophecies 43 total points are available.
- With Factions 45 total points are available.
- With Nightfall 46 total points are available.
The above numbers include Eye of the North statues, heroes, and armor sets since Eye of the North is required to access the Hall of Monuments. They also include all of the "Core" points, including PvP titles and campaign independent titles, which makes the maximum shown hard to achieve with only one campaign.
 Quick guide to 30 points with limited campaigns
These recommended points are possible to achieve no matter which campaign you own. Some of the points come from the Eye of the North expansion, as it is required to access the Hall of Monuments.
- 3 points — Accounts linked.
- 3 points — 1 rare and 1 unique mini.
- 5 points — 1 rare pet and 4 heroes.
- 3 points — Zaishen title (200 Zaishen Keys for rank 3).
- 5 points — Complete your campaign and achieve 3 additional statues from your Honor monument.
- 4 points — 5 prestige armor sets (headgear not required.)
- 7 points — 11 weapons, including at least one destroyer, oppressor and tormented.
 Pay or play
A large majority of the items needed for your hall can be purchased from NPC's or other players. Here is a list of a few of the more popular money making options:
- Simply playing through the game and selling the drops yields a steady income (albeit lower than the following methods)
- Opening Treasure chests and Dungeon chests while playing
- Participating in Festivals
- Running to locations for other players:
- Running missions for other players:
- Farming Ectos in the Underworld
- Farming Obsidian Shards in the Fissure of Woe
- Farming Gemstones in Domain of Anguish
- Farming Hammers of Kathandrax in the Catacombs of Kathandrax
- Farming the weekly Nicholas the Traveler items.
- Farming Zaishen Keys from Zaishen Elite or Training Arena.
- Farming Festive items during festivals
- Farming materials for Consets
- Speed Clearing to endgame rewards
- Getting Zaishen Coins from the daily Zaishen Challenge Quests.
- Getting War Supplies from the daily Wanted quest or the Rise mini-mission.
- Getting Trick-or-Treat Bags by repeating the Halloween festival quest Every Bit Helps.
- Getting Wintersday Gifts by repeating the Wintersday festival quests Fighting in a Winter Wonderland and Snowball Dominance.
- Trading valued items (notably the very items used for the Hall of Monument) in marketplaces such as Kamadan (buying low and selling higher).