|Played||6554 hours in 137 month(s)|
Eye of the North
|Favorite Skill||Searing Flames|
Greetings. My name is Hyper and I've been playing Guild Wars for more than two years now. I'm originally a long-time FPS/coop player and I'm still an active member of the Unreal community. While I've always been interested in the concept of MMO's the pay-for-time system of many MMO's always restrained me from playing. So the pay-once-play-many system of Guild Wars quickly seduced me to try it. I'm currently in Ethereal Light Of Dwayna which is the fourth guild I'm in. My focus goes to the development of my main character Hyper Nl on which I like to get many titles, achievements and a maxed Hall of Monuments. Most of the time I play alone with Heroes/Henchmen or in random Aspenwood / AB teams. Missions however I prefer to play with PuG's or guildies. Even when playing alone I greatly appreciate the dimensions that a MMO game gives me, like having an in-game economy and the possibility to meet other players.
For my Guild Wars 2 page and story, please see my Guild Wars 2 Wiki user page.
Guild and Guild History
After playing most of Prophecies alone I shortly joined a Dutch guild which I quickly left because of it's bad chat practices. My first serious guild was The Architects which I left when they went from PvE/Kurzick to PvP/HA. After that I stayed more than a year with Fire Phoenix Of Great Azeroth [PHO]. This guild then was part of an alliance which held one of the Kurzick towns and I frequently donated the faction points I gathered with Fort Aspenwood and Alliance Battles. At a certain point in time we were unable to stay in this alliance and eventually lost the town ownership. [PHO] transformed into a general PvE guild and we did quite some GW:EN dungeons together. When [PHO] split up I followed a large stream of players to Selena's new guild Ethereal Light Of Dwayna. In 2016 I switched to my current guild, Help And Aid Is Here For All. Mostly to play Fort Aspenwood which is active again in the weekends!
Hall of Monuments
|2017 HoM video|
|Monument of Honor|
"The deeds of honor rise above the darkness of time, told in story written on stone and patterned in the stars, lit by glory never to be forgotten."
|Monument of Resilience|
|Monument of Valor|
"A hero's greatest weapons are courage of heart, unchained Strength of soul, and rightful fury unrestrained, Never to be vanquished."
|Monument of Fellowship|
"The world is comprised of small creatures, small loyalties, small stories They trust in their heroes, fight by their sides, join in their glories Never forsaken."
|Monument of Devotion|
"In all things, there is a time for work and a time for play, for small pleasures A time for one to look back upon bright days and delicate treasures Never lost and never weary."
What I like best in Guild Wars
- Most of all, the non-subscription payment system. (No timely fees)
- The beautiful soundtrack by Jeremy Soule.
- The competitive mission Fort Aspenwood. It's absolutely a genius mission which can be played in so many ways. It's always guaranteed to get breath-taking action no matter which profession or strategy you play. And it's very accessible/easy to get started.
- Did I mention the titles already?
- The heroes and henchmen which allows you to play single if you like.
- The fact that you can quickly redistribute attribute points and load different builds.
- The breathtaking graphics and interesting story line missions.
- The fact that PvE and PvP are unified.
- The in-game economy. It interests me a lot how the economy develops and how it relates to real-world economies.
My suggestions for Guild Wars
- Allow a backup to be restored for people who got their account hacked. Now an incredible investment of playing time can get lost when a character gets deleted. Some boundaries and limitations of this restore service may however be needed to prevent misuse.
- An auction house and/or AFK shop
- Increase the maximum text length of a party-search entry. The current text length is often too short to advertise successfully. (Text gets cut-off)
- Make a series of /rank emotes for the Kind of a Big Deal title track. Dedicated PvE players deserve an emote as equal as dedicated PvP players imo.
- A title track for the amount of Experience gained.
- A title track for the amount of Balthazar faction gained.
- A /cry emote...
Other gaming Interests
I'm active in the Unreal (The original Unreal most people refer to as Unreal 1 nowadays) community since 1999. For many years I was just another Deathmatch player but in 2003 I 'discovered' cooperative play and decided to make my own Unreal coop server. This was where I learned to know the small but driven community behind the aging game. I received a never imagined amount of support which allowed me to create a great gaming experience for anyone who joined my server. Over the years I worked together with many developers and scripters, allowing me to have the latest add-ons and game types and allowing them to have a valuable real-life testing field for their projects. Nowadays I run 4 Unreal servers with different game types. Coop is still my main focus with my 'HyperCoop' servers. I also run a website with much background information and resources for dedicated Unreal players. My interest in cooperative play eventually brought me into buying my first MMORPG game: Guild Wars. :-)
For more info on my Unreal activities and servers, see my Unreal website.