- This article is about normal version of Lion's Arch. For other uses, see Lion's Arch (disambiguation).
|Exit(s)|| North Kryta Province|
Lion's Arch Keep
A view of the keep from Lion's Arch.
A panaramic overhead view.
A view from the lighthouse.
Canthan New Year decorations.
A lion statue.
The seat of power in Kryta, Lion's Arch housed the royal palace of King Doric and his line until after the last Guild War. Now, the White Mantle run the city. The old buildings have all been razed, making space for barracks and more practical structures.
— in-game description
- Tyrian characters can reach Lion's Arch after completing the Gates of Kryta mission.
- Factions characters can gain access to Lion's Arch by completing the Chaos in Kryta quest given by Guardsman Chienpo.
- Nightfall characters can gain access to Lion's Arch by completing the Terror in Tyria quest given by Deras Tenderlin.
- North Kryta Province (explorable area) (northwest)
- North Kryta Province (War in Kryta) (northwest)
- Lion's Arch Keep (northeast)
- Lion's Gate (southeast)
- D'Alessio Seaboard (explorable area) (southwest; accessible by talking with Jiaju Tai)
- Armen the Guide
- Bodrus the Outfitter
- Firstwatch Sergio
- Jiaju Tai
- Len Caldoron
- Lionguard Figo
- Magi Malaquire
- 10 Alton Thorne (collector for 4 Leather Belts)
- 10 Xunlai Gift-Giver Teodorus (collector for 1 Birthday Present Voucher)
- 10 Akemi (scribe for 1 authorized Togo's Story)
- 20 Archivist of Whispers (scribe for 1 authorized Turai's Story)
- 8 Diane (scribe for 1 authorized Saul's Story)
- 5 Tuomas (scribe for 1 authorized Gwen's Story)
- 15 Samuka (armorer)
- 10 Grahame (weaponsmith)
- 5 Ludor (festival hat maker)
- 10 Khrysten (costume maker)
- Guild services
- 15 Liran (guild emblemer)
- 15 Merkin (guild registrar)
- 15 Canthan Ambassador (guild hall acquisition)
- Merchants and traders
- 5 Bodrus the Outfitter (merchant)
- 10 Haddon (dye trader)
- 10 Shad (material trader)
- 2 Argus (rare material trader)
- 15 Magi Nor (rare scroll trader)
- 2 Angel (rune trader)
- Other services
- 15 Durmand (historian)
- 20 Gordon Ecker (historian)
- 15 Xunlai Agent (storage upgrades)
- 24 Xunlai Chest (storage)
- 20 Valkenhien (Mercenary Registrar)
- 10 Zaishen Scout
- 20 Zenjal (Zaishen Guide)
- 10 Little Thom (Brawler)
- 10 Stefan (Fighter)
- 10 Reyna (Archer)
- 10 Alesia (Healer)
- 10 Claude (Cultist)
- 10 Dunham (Enchanter)
- 10 Orion (Mage)
- 2 Armen the Guide
- 10 Brother Bilshan
- 15 Lion's Arch Keep Gate Guard
- 15 Lionguard Bedo
- 15 Lionguard Figo
- 15 Magi Malaquire
- 10 Jiaju Tai
- 20 Foreman the Crier
- 10 Len Caldoron
- 15 Loremaster Ermenred
- 15 Murro
- 15 (20) Lionguards
- The boat docked in Lion's Arch has the symbol of Orr on its sail.
- There are no living lions to be found in Tyria, and certainly not near the town. However, Lions can be found in Elona.
- There is a frog sitting under the tree near the Xunlai Agent behind Merchant's Row.
- Lion's Arch is the town with the most seasonal changes; see Canthan New Year, Halloween, and Wintersday.
- Complete exploration of Lion's Arch contributes ~0.4% to the Tyrian Cartographer title.
|The Guild Wars 2 Wiki also has an article on Lion's Arch.|
- Oozes and rats were added to this town when Guild Wars Eye of the North was released to show that tremors had caused cracks to appear in the earth and releasing underground vermin. They were removed in the September 10th 2008 update.
- Lion's Arch was originally named "Lagbourough", and had gone through several names before finally shipping in-game as Lion's Arch. (Source: Jess Lebow at MMORPG.com.)
- Gaile Gray used to have conversations with the frog as a form of in-game chat.
|Towns and outposts in Kryta|
|Lion's Arch • Beetletun • Bergen Hot Springs • D'Alessio Seaboard • Divinity Coast • Fishermen's Haven • Gates of Kryta • Riverside Province • Sanctum Cay • Temple of the Ages|
|Missions • Explorable areas • Landmarks|